App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
I am trying to help out a friend who got RQ.

He doesnt have a lease agreement since he was sharing an apartment with another person.

What other documents can he send.

Bank Statements
Credit Card Statements
Pay Stubs
Tax Returns.... ??????

Mary Chad

Jan 24, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dnyfyn said:
I am trying to help out a friend who got RQ.

He doesnt have a lease agreement since he was sharing an apartment with another person.

What other documents can he send.

Bank Statements
Credit Card Statements
Pay Stubs
Tax Returns.... ??????
Most important OHIP history, get the certified note from person he/she was sharing apartment with,
letter of recommendation, if working some where as volunteer, insurance record, utility bills if any other wise
cell phone bill with calling history, .... any thing which shows presence in Canada

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WonderfulRemark said:
Aren't T4's good enough?

I still don't understand the health record thing.
There are 'active' and 'passive' indicators of residence in Canada. An active indicator is definitive proof of physical presence in Canada...each time you get a medical type service that is covered by the Province then the provider e.g. doctor, lab, dentist etc bills the Province. You get a version of the billing as proof of your medical treatment and thus presence in Canada...unless someone is pretending to be you for that root canal then hey CIC will deem it that you've been in Canada on the day you did receive said treatment.

Some passive indicators e.g. debit/ credit card use especially for joint accounts are routinely disregarded by CIC as it could be the other account holder, friend or relative using the cards. I read a Federal Court case for PR loss on failing the residency obligation where the applicant was busted at a land border with debit/credit cards for his family who were also facing PR loss...he confessed to carrying the cards to pretend the family members were still residing in Canada. T4s may be ok but depends on the nature of the job i.e. is it a job that requires your physical presence in Canada..I call it the 'bus driver' test. If its self employment then again depends. The Federal Court has ruled that T4s on their own are not definitive indicators of residence in Canada after all you could file as a factual resident/ deemed resident etc without actual presence in Canada for the entire Tax Year in question.

Get your health records is the message to RQd applicants!!

ottawa_girl

Jan 22, 2013
I have read somewhere that the docs you sent for RQs are very personal from cases to cases. The point is that you must give a good impression and make it clear of your presence in Canada.

Health records ? yes maybe but what if you don't have many. In our case we included our claim history records from the insurance company website. We never kept bills.

Travel docs are a good one. Color copies of passport pages, CBSA travel history.....

We didn't have rental agreement for a year so we show paystub for every 2 weeks covering that period as the job requires presence in Canada. Is it good or is it bad ? we don't know, that is the only thing we had.

So the bottom line you really have to see what applies in your case. Show any tie you may have in Canada, it will help. Whatever you send they will take TIME to assess anyway. Be clear and give a good impression, this is my advice and what I heard from others! ::)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cancan269 said:
What about going to university for four years and submitting grades to show regular attendance?
That would be a good indicator...CIC take an overall view as to the documents submitted on the basis that no one single item on its own is substantive proof of physical presence in Canada of each day in the qualifying period (1095 days). The only proof really is if you were in prison in Canada where they have a daily count of the inmates but then if this was the case you wouldn't be applying for Citizenship.

ottawa_girl

Jan 22, 2013
:p The prison is a good one but of course you can't apply for citizenship then.

If you have kids it kind of help because for example we submitted the report card that has the number of days of ATTENDANCE though CIC has to assume that if the kids go to school in Canada means that the parents are also in Canada. I am talking about kids going to kindergarten here!!!

By the way we also included our driving license that bears the SAME address that our utility bills, car insurance, house insurance, not that it shows presence in Canada but it just LOOKS GOOD!

:p

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I need your help to clear one confusion. Some people said in another forum that he requested both CBSA and CBP travel record, but that was in 2011 or something. are there diffferent versions of RQ? I got RQed in Oct 12 and did not see anything about US travel record.

much appreciated.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuperDude said:
Hi everyone, new to the forum. I need your help to clear one confusion. Some people said in another forum that he requested both CBSA and CBP travel record, but that was in 2011 or something. are there diffferent versions of RQ? I got RQed in Oct 12 and did not see anything about US travel record.

much appreciated.
RQ form has changed over time e.g. you can now authorize CIC to get data directly from CBSA which saves time. CBSA records show entries into Canada not exits. IMHO CIC should go further and allow the applicants to authorize access to their tax records (CRA)...afterall CBSA have their customs function and it just makes sense.

If an applicant is trying to pursuade CIC they only travelled between Canada and US then if they get a record of US entry they can argue/ deem that the time between CBSA entry into Canada and CBP entry into the US is time in Canada. This on its own may not be enough as a major problem for CIC is people using multiple travel documents....e.g. applicant entered Canada on ppt B then departed Canada on ppt A then entered the US on ppt A then entered Canada on ppt A all without Canadian visa stamps...then used ppt B at a later date to enter the US...if only passport B was presented during the citizenship application there is fake presence in Canada (which ppt A would reveal).

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Thank you guys.

I wonder what might be there after 3 years when i apply.

only thing i understand is the present govt is misusing the immigrants. at least for RQ guys they can give a quicker processing