+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for PRTD

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends, I completed soft landing early this week and returned to India today. There is high likely possibility that I'd travel back to Toronto within a month permanently and so trying to apply for PRTD.

Went through the checklist and found the below 2 items to be tricky as I'm not sure what I can submit for these. Any thoughts?

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
8. At a minimum you must provide:
two pieces of information that show your permanent resident status in Canada; and
information for the five years immediately before the application

10. If you are working outside Canada, you must include a letter signed by official or business

Atlast

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
8. At a minimum you must provide:
two pieces of information that show your permanent resident status in Canada; and
information for the five years immediately before the application

10. If you are working outside Canada, you must include a letter signed by official or business
I think your COPR and SIN document should suffice for the number 8

Number would be a letter from your employer stating you're travelling and for what purpose. Or in this case, your resignation letter will suffice.

Reactions: javier.ths

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think your COPR and SIN document should suffice for the number 8

Number would be a letter from your employer stating you're travelling and for what purpose. Or in this case, your resignation letter will suffice.
Thank you at last. Would like to see other views as well.

shwetha.amin4

Feb 18, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we apply for PRTD while in Canada or after returning to our home country?
I am also planning for soft landing in Jan'18 for 3 weeks and will return for good in May'18.

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we apply for PRTD while in Canada or after returning to our home country?
I am also planning for soft landing in Jan'18 for 3 weeks and will return for good in May'18.
We apply for PRTD from our home/host country, not when we are still in Canada.

Ilan_K

Mar 4, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
SA Approved:15 Nov 2016
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
22 Nov 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-09-2016
Interview........
Not required at this stage
Passport Req..
10 July 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hi I landed 2017 Aug 15, haven't received my PR card yet and am planing to travel to India next week. Does anyone know how long it takes to get PRTD in India, b'coz I am going on 2 weeks vacation leave, i have to return in 2 weeks to resume my job. Thanks!

ldrbjp

Oct 11, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have all the documents in place, it could take about 10 to 12 working days. Again, I just read it somewhere and do not know for certain

Reactions: javier.ths

ucantseeme

Star Member
Mar 12, 2017
Hi I landed 2017 Aug 15, haven't received my PR card yet and am planing to travel to India next week. Does anyone know how long it takes to get PRTD in India, b'coz I am going on 2 weeks vacation leave, i have to return in 2 weeks to resume my job. Thanks!
I am in exact same situation. Where are you traveling? Whoever is traveling first can exchange information about processing times. I am traveling to India around 1 Dec. What about you?

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Sharing experience in applying for PRTD in Manila.

I submitted October 20, Friday at Visa Application Centre

According to GCKEY, Canadian Embassy Manila opened my application on October 23, they approved it on the same day. I got it back October 25. It is valid until April 23, 2018.

I provided COPR, SIN and my wife and I's lease agreement for our apartment.

ziffyasif

Star Member
May 3, 2015
Ghaziabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2174 - Software Game Developer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2017
Nomination.....
04-12-2016
We did our landing on 16-Sep-17 and were back in India in Oct. We have applied for PRTD on 24-Oct-17 and still awaiting. We need to travel back on 2-Dec. Have attached the flight tickets. I was expecting it to be processed in 1 week but it seems to be taking more time.