+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documenting My Process/Progress

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
So, I'm going to attempt to document my progress and the process as I go through it.

I am applying as a Self Employed Sound Engineer/Audio Visual Technician (NOC 5225).

I've been collecting the supporting documents I need and filling in the requisite forms.

I've got an IELTS test booked for the 17th of this month (so studying hard for that even though I'm a native English speaker).

My FSE points breakdown is:
Education - 22
Experience - 20 (2 years self employed)
Age - 10
Language - English (High Proficiency (assumed...))
Adaptability - 5 (Brother in Vancouver)

Currently writing my narratives for Schedule 6A and trying to avoid spending money(!) and have just sent messages to my clients asking for a letter confirming our working relationship, the type of work I do for them (with reference to NOC 5225) and asking if they can supply any evidence of money paid to me from their end to correlate with my evidence.

I'm not expecting anything to show on my Police check as I've held a job in a government building before and had reasonably deep background checks done on me a couple of times in the last 5 or 6 years.

Also, I'm probably in the best shape of my life (at 44!) so think the medical should be a breeze too.

I'm single, no ties with very little in the way of "stuff" to ship/travel with.

I'll be submitting the application and fees in September/October so will update things then...

Wish me luck!

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
OK, so forms are pretty much all in order. Got to do the Previous Travels one and print it there and then for some reason...

Assembled a whole lot of paperwork about my life and organised it. New Passport sorted. Police Cert applied for (just waiting for them to send it back but I don't have any worries on that front...).

As a chap in his 40's I had an NHS over 40's health check up recently too. All blood tests came back fine, HDL cholesterol (Good stuff) high, LDL cholesterols (Bad stuff) low. Overall I have a 1.7% chance of a heart related issue in the next 10 years! :) Weight and BMI are all in the sweet spot for my age, height and exercise levels (I've dropped 4st in the last year).

Money is in the account for bank statement proof of funds if needed.

One slight change is that I'm not doing the IELTS. due to a scheduling conflict I had to miss my test but couldn't get a refund as I only found out with a week to go. I can't really justify that repeat expense for some points I don't strictly need (I only speak English because I'm English and the English in my narrative documents is pretty damn good so that should do it. Also, I work in a highly skilled field so I have to be very literate across all the areas of the language...)

I'll be pulling it all together next month and sending it off into the lap of the Visa Gods...

Reactions: AnaBotha

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
So, I got my Police Certifate back yesterday and it's all clear. NO TRACE as they call it.

I wasn't worried about it due to having had a few deep background checks for work over the years (they won't let you put a microphone on a prime minister if you've got a dodgy past!) but it's good to finally have it to hand.

I'm busy with work for the next week but once that's over it's time to dot the i's and cross the t's on all the forms, bag them up and send them off.

Nervous but hopeful.

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Work got a bit hectic this month (no bad thing I suppose...) so I'll be finalising everything at the end of the month.

Need to pay my 18/19 taxes to be able to deduct that from my available funds and then work out what's left.

Everything is falling into place, I just need to mentally steel myself for the potential long wait!

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Forms all printed and sorted out. Payment sent and forms to be posted tomorrow ideally...

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Nothing so far, only been a month since I sent the papers off though so not expecting anything for a little while...

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Received 3 emails overnight (UK time) from IRCC.

Email 1: Application Number and UCI Number. Request to link my application to online GC Account. All linked & done.

Email 2: Request to submit Biometrics. 30 days from the date or receipt of letter to submit the Biometrics

Email 3: Confirmation of Receipt by IRCC of my application.

I've got a couple of days off next week so I'll be heading to the VAC to get those done as soon as possible.

It's moving forward!! :D

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
Biometrics submitted today (2019-11-20) at the VAC in Old Street London.

Tried booking an appointment online and over the phone but neither system was working so headed there in person to book and got lucky: someone cancelled their appointment so I was in!

All painless: Photograph of face and full 10-set of fingerprints.

Now I keep an eye on my online account and watch for changes...

comerunning19

Sep 12, 2019
Canada
OK, so forms are pretty much all in order. Got to do the Previous Travels one and print it there and then for some reason...

Assembled a whole lot of paperwork about my life and organised it. New Passport sorted. Police Cert applied for (just waiting for them to send it back but I don't have any worries on that front...).

As a chap in his 40's I had an NHS over 40's health check up recently too. All blood tests came back fine, HDL cholesterol (Good stuff) high, LDL cholesterols (Bad stuff) low. Overall I have a 1.7% chance of a heart related issue in the next 10 years! :) Weight and BMI are all in the sweet spot for my age, height and exercise levels (I've dropped 4st in the last year).

Money is in the account for bank statement proof of funds if needed.

One slight change is that I'm not doing the IELTS. due to a scheduling conflict I had to miss my test but couldn't get a refund as I only found out with a week to go. I can't really justify that repeat expense for some points I don't strictly need (I only speak English because I'm English and the English in my narrative documents is pretty damn good so that should do it. Also, I work in a highly skilled field so I have to be very literate across all the areas of the language...)

I'll be pulling it all together next month and sending it off into the lap of the Visa Gods...
So you eventually submitted your application without IELTS results?

theguv

Dec 8, 2016
London UK
Category........
NOC Code......
So you eventually submitted your application without IELTS results?
yep. in the small print it says you only need to submit IELTS if you're looking to claim points for it. i was already well over the passmark without it so thought I'd save myself the expense and the hassle. We'll see in time if it workd! :D