+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documentation to show work experience match with NOC 2016

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
Hello All,

In my application, it asks me to provide documentation to show work experience match at least 51% with NOC 2016. I have my letter of reference from my employer that has all the job duties.
I am just wondering if I need to provide a self written document stating that what my NOC is and demonstrate how my work experience match with the NOC?
Or just my letter of reference from my employer is enough? If so, how do I demonstrate that my work experience is at least 51% match with the NOC, do i simply has all my job duties listed out on the letter and the office will assess it to see if it has 51% match with the NOC?

Thank you in advance!

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
No I have not submitted it yet. On the very last section which require me to provide supporting documents. In that section, it asks me to provide an attachment for my letter of reference and then evidence of work experience matching NOC 2016. My question is that what document would that be for the evidence of work experience matching NOC 2016?

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
No I have not submitted it yet. On the very last section which require me to provide supporting documents. In that section, it asks me to provide an attachment for my letter of reference and then evidence of work experience matching NOC 2016. My question is that what document would that be for the evidence of work experience matching NOC 2016?
That is called the LOE. You don't have to attach anything if everything of yours is clear.

As long as you have a reference letter from your company on its letterhead stating your position and salary and working hours along with job responsibilities/description, you do not require anything else. Make sure that those job descriptions on your reference letter should match at least 50% of the job responsibilities of your NOC 2016.

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
https://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/AppGuide-NSNP-NSEEE-English.pdf

On page 15 of this NSEEE guide, it says I need to provide
Letters of reference from employers and supporting documents
Documentation to show work experience match with NOC 2016 <--- this is the one that im not too sure

Since I have already have the letter of reference which has the job duties that matches with the NOC, then do I still need to provide additional documents to demonstrate how my work experience match the NOC? If so, what documents would that be? Thanks!

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
That is called the LOE. You don't have to attach anything if everything of yours is clear.

As long as you have a reference letter from your company on its letterhead stating your position and salary and working hours along with job responsibilities/description, you do not require anything else. Make sure that those job descriptions on your reference letter should match at least 50% of the job responsibilities of your NOC 2016.
Thank you so much! So for the section of evidence of work experience matching NOC 2016, I can simply just ignore this section since I have the LOE already? I just need to upload the LOE as you said? Thanks again!!!

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Thank you so much! So for the section of evidence of work experience matching NOC 2016, I can simply just ignore this section since I have the LOE already? I just need to upload the LOE as you said? Thanks again!!!
I am sorry. I didn't know you are a PNP applicant. For that section, i guess you need to atrach the job responsibilities letter which will mention all your roles and responsibilities within your work place. That should suffice...
Sorry about the misconception.

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
I am sorry. I didn't know you are a PNP applicant. For that section, i guess you need to atrach the job responsibilities letter which will mention all your roles and responsibilities within your work place. That should suffice...
Sorry about the misconception.
Sorry for not being clear. However, the LOE i have is already have all the job responsibilities and match at least 51% with the NOC. So I should still have to attach a separate letter to repeat how my job duties match the NOC?

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Sorry for not being clear. However, the LOE i have is already have all the job responsibilities and match at least 51% with the NOC. So I should still have to attach a separate letter to repeat how my job duties match the NOC?
Yes. You could add your contract letter which mentions your duties or ask your company for a letter with job description matching noc 2016 51% or more. Secondly, see additional documents, attach pay stubs if possible.. Dont miss out any document, else application will be refused.

I suggest u join a WhatsApp group which discuss pnp applications. That will help you further..

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Correct. When you're already providing reference letter covering job duties & responsibilities, then you're not required to submit any additional document. Please make sure to check that 60% & above of your job duties should match with the NOC you're claiming for. Rest, you're good to go, don't worry!

Reactions: ammad88

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
Correct. When you're already providing reference letter covering job duties & responsibilities, then you're not required to submit any additional document. Please make sure to check that 60% & above of your job duties should match with the NOC you're claiming for. Rest, you're good to go, don't worry!
Thank you, that is such a relief haha. Cheers!

Jakec

Aug 19, 2019
Another question I have is that, im gonna list my girlfriend(common law partner) as accompanying partner in my PR app. However, she was having a overstay in Canada before during our 1 year period of common law relationship. I am just wondering should I mention her overstay ? If so, which section in the PR app would that be to provide an explanation of the overstay? Thanks in advance!