+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

documentation requested after status changed to IN PROCESS

echao

Mar 6, 2013
Hello

My partner is Japanese and we applied for common law visa almost two years ago. I'm her sponsor . Recently her status was changed to IN PROCESS and we got an email from Manila . It said this:

Dear **** ****:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act establishes that a person who makes an
application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must
produce all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
In order to continue processing your application, we require the following information and/or
documentation:
 Fully Completed Appendix A (attached) for you.
 Completed IMM 5669 - Schedule A: Background/Declaration
Please fill out the forms completely. Do not leave any gaps in your Personal history and
addresses. Do not leave any blanks, write N/A if not applicable. INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL
BE RE TURNED TO YOU.*
 Medical examinations for yourself.
YOUR MEDICAL FORM(S) AND INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE SENT SEPARATELY TO
THE SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS(ES) WITHIN 72 HOURS.
This documentation is reasonably required to complete the assessment of your application. If we do not
receive all of the above documentation from you WITHIN THIRTY (30 DAYS) of the date of this
letter, a final review of your application will be completed based on the information available on file.
Please note that this may result in a refusal of your application.
All requested documents, unless specifically instructed to submit an original, should be sent as an email
attachment to MANILIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca. Please ensure that you follow these guidelines:
 Documents must be in PDF format (.pdf)
 Documents must be readable and easy to view
 Each PDF file document must not exceed 2.0MB
 Each PDF file must contain only one type of document. If several documents/forms are
requested, save each type of document separately. For example, if you were requested to
submit completed IMM5406 Additional Family Information forms for yourself and your
spouse, your completed form must be saved in one (1) .PDF file extension name and your
spouse’s in another PDF file
 If your submission includes a cover letter, this must be saved separately in one (1) PDF
file
 File name of each PDF file must follow the following format: Application number>Last
Name>Given Name>Type of Document (eg. F000123456_CRUZ_Juan_IMM5406
Additional Family Information form)
Documents requested in its original form, e.g. police certificates, must be submitted to thru either of the
following options:
1. Visa Application Centres (VACs)
For more information, visit http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/Philippines/index.html

2. Courier
To: Embassy of Canada, Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1226
Philippines

Please submit documents by ONE method only. Sending documents through duplicate or multiple
channels will result in processing delays.
Due to the volume of enquiries, we are unable to respond to email requests to confirm receipt.
For the schedule A, I should be sending the PDF file, am i correct? What about appendix A? Furthermore, she had her medicals completed in 2013 and CIC says they received it on the application status site. Would she have to redo them again?

Thanks for your help everybody . I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
You should email everything by PDF if possible (except documents that must be originals like the police certificate).

Medicals are only valid for one year. If it has been more than one year, you must do new medicals. They are able to extend the validity of the medicals if they expire very close to the approval date, but if they asking for new ones, this extension cannot be done.

echao

Mar 6, 2013
I haven't checked whether the appendix A is fillable via adobe reader but suppose its not, would that mean I should print it, scan it as a PDF and send it like that?

echao

Mar 6, 2013
I just read the appendix A and it says my partner (from Japan) needs to send in her passport with it. Does this mean that I can't send in a PDF of this file and I would need to send in the original and passport? Can I send in a copy of the passport? She is currently visiting me in Canada on a 6month traveler's visa.

Please help me. I'm really confused now.

Thanks

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
If it says you have to send the passport, then you probably have to do that. I know that for U.S. passports, they usually only need a copy, but I'm not sure about Japan. Japan is also visa-exempt but it's a different office which may have different procedures.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
echao said:
I just read the appendix A and it says my partner (from Japan) needs to send in her passport with it. Does this mean that I can't send in a PDF of this file and I would need to send in the original and passport? Can I send in a copy of the passport? She is currently visiting me in Canada on a 6month traveler's visa.

Please help me. I'm really confused now.

Thanks
if she requires a visa, then she needs to send her passport. if she is visa exempt, then it's usually just a copy of the bio page. what does the letter actually say? generally, if the passport is required, the letter usually gives instructions about how to send it to the visa office. if not, then send a case specific inquiry and hope a reply is sent in time. The Appendix A is one of the most common forms needed to finalize the visa for some visa offices, so this could mean she is nearing the end.