+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documentation on proof of funds

Derr28

Mar 31, 2023
Hi, could someone please help me on this?

I got my ITA two days ago and am now in the process of submitting my application. I'm trying to ask my bank for the official letter indicating my financial profile, but my bank mentioned they could only provide the letter for requirements 1 and 3. While I have no outstanding debts at all, my bank will not issue a letter confirming this.

Is this alright? I don't know what other documents I could provide to mention that I have no debts. I tried to search online but couldn't find any answers for this, so decided to post here for some help.

Here are the requirements listed on their website for the proof of funds:

Requirements:
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

1. list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
  2. list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
  3. be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
Many thanks in advance.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  1. list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
  2. be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
  3. be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
Many thanks in advance.
Don't you have credit card? If there are no outstanding balance, then it would mean no debts, right?