+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documentation for stepchild sponsorship

binaxm

Jan 4, 2014
zardoz said:
You will be needing a local lawyer anyway, and they will be able to advise you better than we can on the current court times.
It's a shame that it's his mother that is looking after the children as it might give him an advantage.. Good luck with your case.
It is my Parents who take care of my children when I left to work abroad .While I'm in abroad he went to my parents and take the children with him and bring it to his mother. He even bit my sister when he took my children away What can I do to stop him while I'm working abroad I cannot go home right away to take back my children right away.

jess_2016

Mar 22, 2016
You don't need to go back to the philippines to file a sole custody.I have the same situation, i have a lawyer who helped me. The lawyer will send you a documents, you need to bring the documents to the consulate to notarized (you need to sign it in front of the consulate officials). Then send it back to your lawyer so she can process the application (sole custody doc.)
The processing time will be 9 months to one year. However, if the father appears and files an objection then it will be another story.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jess_2016 said:
You don't need to go back to the philippines to file a sole custody.I have the same situation, i have a lawyer who helped me. The lawyer will send you a documents, you need to bring the documents to the consulate to notarized (you need to sign it in front of the consulate officials). Then send it back to your lawyer so she can process the application (sole custody doc.)
The processing time will be 9 months to one year. However, if the father appears and files an objection then it will be another story.
This thread is over 2 years old...

Sam_Sam88

Feb 6, 2022
Dears,

I wish you good day,

I Need your advice Please,

Actually my wife she got divorced from her ex-husband around 5 years ago, and I got married to her 2 years ago, she have a boy from him he is 3 years old, and that boy he staying with us after the divorce although my wife she don't have the full custody on her son, and I am the one who care for everything regarding my step son.

My question is, I start already my Express Entry Profile, but I don't know Witch forms should we prepare to accompany my step son minor?

by the way his father (My wife's ex-husband) don't mind that his child travel to Canada with us & and he is cooperative to sign any papers, to make his boy travel with his mother.

Please Help Us, Thanks for your Help, We appreciate that too much.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Dears,

I wish you good day,

I Need your advice Please,

Actually my wife she got divorced from her ex-husband around 5 years ago, and I got married to her 2 years ago, she have a boy from him he is 3 years old, and that boy he staying with us after the divorce although my wife she don't have the full custody on her son, and I am the one who care for everything regarding my step son.

My question is, I start already my Express Entry Profile, but I don't know Witch forms should we prepare to accompany my step son minor?

by the way his father (My wife's ex-husband) don't mind that his child travel to Canada with us & and he is cooperative to sign any papers, to make his boy travel with his mother.

Please Help Us, Thanks for your Help, We appreciate that too much.
You need to post your question to the Express Entry section of the forum. This part of the forum is for discussions about family sponsorship. The answers here do not apply to your situations. It's a different application process and different forms.