+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Verification for Board of Technical Education, Delhi and AMIETE

nirmalwin

Jul 25, 2016
Hi Seniors,

Need help for my wife's document verification for sending attested documents to WES for Canada immigration.

• She has done three years Diploma in "Electronics and Electrical Communication" from Board of Technical Education, Delhi. I want to know what is the process of getting the "Diploma final Certificate" and the "Marksheets" attested. Any links or information would be helpful specifically for the Board of Technical Education, Delhi
  • She has also done 2 years correspondence course from AMIETE in Electronics and Electrical Communication which is equivalent to a degree after you finish your diploma. Any links or information would be helpful specifically for the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers [IETE]

Regards
Nirmal Verma

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife had the same case, infact her college doesn't exist anymore .

So, we went directly to Board of technical education office in pitampura, Delhi

They will charge some fees and you have to give all semesters certificates along with diploma certificate.

Whole process will take around 3-4 weeks and they will give you the sealed transcripts which can then be sent to WES.

We did got her WES evaluation recently and it says Diploma ( 3 years) and Bachelors Degree ( 3 years ) - (She has Bcom from DU too)
Her credential PGDBA was called unrecognized . So , we are claiming 9 points for 2 or more bachelors

I hope this clarifies all your doubts.

Reactions: pradeepyadav

nirmalwin

Jul 25, 2016
Rocky127 said:

They will charge some fees and you have to give all semesters certificates along with diploma certificate.

Whole process will take around 3-4 weeks and they will give you the sealed transcripts which can then be sent to WES.

We did got her WES evaluation recently and it says Diploma ( 3 years) and Bachelors Degree ( 3 years ) - (She has Bcom from DU too)
Her credential PGDBA was called unrecognized . So , we are claiming 9 points for 2 or more bachelors

Thanks Rocky...This information is helpful. I will do the same. Any information regarding AMIETE?

Regards
Nirmal Verma

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry bro....don't know about that.
But first check on WES free equivalency tool if its recognized there or not.
My wife's PGDBA from SCDL was not but with lot of struggle i got the transcripts only to realize WES marks it as unrecognized.

Thanks
Sumit

musicnlyrx

Sep 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rocky127 said:

Thanks for the information.
+1

nirmalwin

Jul 25, 2016
Rocky127 said:
Sorry bro....don't know about that.
But first check on WES free equivalency tool if its recognized there or not.
My wife's PGDBA from SCDL was not but with lot of struggle i got the transcripts only to realize WES marks it as unrecognized.

Thanks
Sumit
Hi Sumit,

I just checked the WES Degree equivalency tool and it does not recognize both board of technical education and AMIETE both. Not sure what to do next.

Regards
Nirmal Verma

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, there is a separate rule for Board of technical education

Type in Google - India policy and then there would be a head on board of technical education.I can assure you that they will consider your diploma for 3 years..so go ahead..here is an extract too from WES site :

State Boards: Technical Education

All documents listed below are required.
What to Submit How to Submit

1. Final or Provisional Diploma Certificate

Examples: Diploma in Engineering, Diploma in Technology, or any other 10+3 diploma awarded by a State Board of Technical Education

AND

Forward a legible copy of the document to WES.

2. Statement of Marks

An official document issued by appropriate State Board of Technical Education. It lists all subjects taken and marks earned for each year of study.

Arrange for the document to be sent directly to WES by the appropriate State Board of Technical Education.

-OR-

If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the State Board of Technical Education. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES.

Please click here to download an academic transcript request form.
To find contact information for the appropriate institution, please click here to visit the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) website.

nirmalwin

Jul 25, 2016
Thanks Sumit... I have seen those details on the WES website but it is strange that the Board of Technical Education is not listed under the Degree Equivalency Tool. Anyways thanks for your prompt response.... I am new to the forum and I am seeing that people are giving +1's. I am not sure what this is all about.

I would rate you as EK Number :)

Regards
Nirmal Verma

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Nirmal.. i am new too and taking help from the forums and its good to know that I can help too.

Even I don't know what this +1 is but i think that has something to do with ratings though.

abhishekrkg

Jul 10, 2014

Hello Brother,
At present I am in Canada and all original documents are with me. Then how could I get transcripts from them.
Thanks

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You would have to send someone...My case was similar to yours as we are in US
I sent my father and he completed all formalities..you can send them a scanned copy and they can take the print outs

Those guys would anyways be having your records..so you should be all set

ksingh_mamta

Jul 5, 2018
Hi,

Though it is very late for the person who posted the original query back in 2016 but It may be helpful for people who need it in future.
I got my transcripts from both BTE and IETE in 2017 while I was applying for graduation program in USA and needed to get WES evaluation.

For BTE these are the steps to get transcripts:
1. Download form from :
http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/connect/DOIT_TT/training+and+technical+education/order+and+circulars/application+for+result+and+marksheet+and+other+queries
2. Fill the above form and get photocopy of your diploma and all semester mark sheets.
3. Get contact of your HOD if possible so that you can take appointment and go at suitable time to your college. I sent my mother as I was not staying in the same state.
(First you need signature of HOD then principal - Don't forget to take originals of documents).
4. Go to Head office of BTE : Muni Mayaram Marg, New T V Tower, Pitampura, Delhi, 110088, India
5. Submit the forms + Fee
6. Collect the transcripts after 30 days - Please be careful, check each envelope it should be sealed and signed from the authority.

(Note : I sent my mother to get these things done as I was not available in Delhi. It was very difficult to get them convinced as they want you to physical present but I talked to them over the phone and somehow convinced them by requesting and telling about my higher education plan and hardship to fly to the place in such a short notice.)

For IETE these are the steps to get transcripts:
IETE people does not know what is transcripts so please don't rely on the paper they give as "Transcript Certificate" because that is useless and does not work. Below are steps which I followed:
1. Go to there head office at Lodhi Road. (Never check with local IETE centre, they does not know anything about it so don't waste your time.)
2. Talk to reception people, tell them what you need exactly. It is better to take sample copy and tell what information is required. They are actually good people and listen to you. You need to take copy of all documents with originals and they will verify and give you the transcripts in sealed envelope with sign and stamp. It can take 3-4 hrs time or may be you have to come other day according to the availability of the CoE.

(Note : I was luckily in Delhi. so got it done by myself.)

Case 2 : In case you are applying for Master program in USA, some University may ask you to also submit transcripts semester wise (happened with me.) IETE give transcripts according to Section A and B wise. So better ask them to give another set of original mark sheets semester wise.
I got it done after having phone/mail conversation. They sent me original semester wise mark sheets to my address out of state.

Apply online on WES site and then mail them one copy of each diploma + degree transcripts (sealed) with additional documents as mentioned on WES site. They will evaluate and send the report to you.

Please get your transcripts before applying to foreign University/going to abroad as spouse. It takes 1-2 months to get the transcripts. and then another month for WES evaluation.

Please feel free to ask any other query if you may have.

Thanks.

Last edited:

amitkala17

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Dear,

WES do recognize IETE, to get the transcript send the mail to sic iete.

Below is the SIC IETE reply of my query

For getting the transcript processed for WES, you need to pay a fee of Rs.500/-, if you want us to dispatch it to you in India and for dispatching it directly to WES you need to pay $80. You can pay this fee online on our official website and mail us the transaction details along with the scanned copy of your Certificate and Gradesheet.

you can send mail to
SIC IETE <sic@iete.org>

I have also done engineering(AMIETE-CS) from IETE.
I got my WES evaluation today, here is the result.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)