+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document translations German to English- Express Entry

vipsha

Aug 15, 2018
Hi all,

i am not sure if this question has already been resolved in this forum, so pardon the inconvenience. I have a basic doubt related to translating of few documents such as proof of funds, job reference letter, police certificate.. from German to English before i can upload them to the express entry application.

I read that along with the translations, a certified copy of the original is also needed. The translators here in Germany told me that acc. to German law they are not allowed to certify copies of original documents.

Does this mean i may have to get the copies of original certified from a separate notary who is authorized to do so? Has anyone been in the similar situation? Is it not sufficient to upload the scans of original as it is, along with certified translations and affidavit?

Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi all,

i am not sure if this question has already been resolved in this forum, so pardon the inconvenience. I have a basic doubt related to translating of few documents such as proof of funds, job reference letter, police certificate.. from German to English before i can upload them to the express entry application.

I read that along with the translations, a certified copy of the original is also needed. The translators here in Germany told me that acc. to German law they are not allowed to certify copies of original documents.

Does this mean i may have to get the copies of original certified from a separate notary who is authorized to do so? Has anyone been in the similar situation? Is it not sufficient to upload the scans of original as it is, along with certified translations and affidavit?

Thanks
It should be enough. I uploaded scan of original+ scan of translated page (it had stamps and all) but that's it