+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document submission: the more the better?

degm

May 31, 2017
Hello all,

I´m in the process of gathering documents to support my application as FSW-O. I´ve been reading this forum extensively for the past couple of months in order to avoid any mistakes that might lead to a rejection.

Now, I´ve been comparing what CIC is requesting and the documents folks recommend submitting with the application. I´ve noticed that there is a "the more the better" mentality when it comes to submitting documents, and this is confusing me a bit.

For example, some folks are suggesting attaching pay stubs and contract letters along with the employment letter, even if all the requested information is in said letter. Then I read about people attaching bachelor´s degree documentation even if they´re only claiming points for a higher degree. Or attaching current and past passports, even though they only ask for the valid one. And so on and so forth.

I understand that people want to submit as more as possible to avoid rejection, however the more information we submit, the more questions immigation officers might raise, right? So I guess my question is--- what´s better, a simple, succint application, or "the more the better"? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You need to submit everything CIC asks for. If your application is extremely simple and unambiguous, then you don't need to do anything more.

Beyond that, it's absolutely not about "more the better". However, it's fairly common that you have something that you want to explain a little more, or provide a document that strengthens an area

Your application needs to be clear and answer questions that may arise, not create more questions.

I started by collecting everything CIC wanted. Once I had that, I reviewed my documents, and decided to add a couple of salary slips, and a copy of my transcript from grad school. I didn't have to add that, but on balance I decided that 3 more documents wouldn't raise any questions, and would only help my case. I have no idea if they helped, but they certainly didn't hurt.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

alzs-

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there! I don't agree with the idea of adding so many unsolicited documents. Add what CIC requests and make sure to add explanations if there is anything that can be misinterpreted or is confusing.

I, for one, couldn't list my past 10 years of travel history (manage to list 8 years for me and 5 for my husband). I've seen here people saying they sent a spreadsheet completing the data with the application. I have all trips listed in my computer, and would disclose them if CIC requires.

Adding more info can backfire. On myimmitracker there seems to be a guy who got his application canceled as incomplete because he added an incomplete PCC from a country where he had not spent 6 months (seems a page was missing).