+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document size issue

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
Hi everyone!
So, I'm going to submit my application soon and I will have to provide a proof of relationship. For that purpose I've scanned my birth certificate, my sister's birth certificate, my sister's PR card, her bank statement and lease agreement.
The problem is after merging these files into one it exceeded the acceptable size limit of 4MB.
So I wanted to know:
1. Can I provide the lease agreement separately in the additional document section?
2. If yes, should I write a LOE and explain why exactly I did that?
Do you think I might face any issues for providing it separately?
Thanks in advance!

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi everyone!
So, I'm going to submit my application soon and I will have to provide a proof of relationship. For that purpose I've scanned my birth certificate, my sister's birth certificate, my sister's PR card, her bank statement and lease agreement.
The problem is after merging these files into one it exceeded the acceptable size limit of 4MB.
So I wanted to know:
1. Can I provide the lease agreement separately in the additional document section?
2. If yes, should I write a LOE and explain why exactly I did that?
Do you think I might face any issues for providing it separately?
Thanks in advance!
Sign up for Adobe's acrobat's free trial (gives you 7 days), play with DPI features (iirc, the right metric). I've reduced 40-50 MB files to <4 MB that way. Make sure to cancel your subscription before your 7 days are up (else, they'll charge you).

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
Sign up for Adobe's acrobat's free trial (gives you 7 days), play with DPI features (iirc, the right metric). I've reduced 40-50 MB files to <4 MB that way. Make sure to cancel your subscription before your 7 days are up (else, they'll charge you).
I've tried it. I've turned a 14MB file into 3.4MB file, but it became pretty hard to read. I'm not sure they will accept such quality

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I've tried it. I've turned a 14MB file into 3.4MB file, but it became pretty hard to read. I'm not sure they will accept such quality
So, that's because you are changing the wrong parameters. IIRC there are many, just look up some videos online. I think 14 MB file should easily go to <2MB without losing too much data :) Trust me, for my 7 day free trial, I almost become a compression pro :D

Reactions: Sen_

Sen_

Jun 20, 2021
So, that's because you are changing the wrong parameters. IIRC there are many, just look up some videos online. I think 14 MB file should easily go to <2MB without losing too much data :) Trust me, for my 7 day free trial, I almost become a compression pro :D
Ok, will try again. Thanks!