+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Request?!

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
Hi all,

I sent in my application and it was received on March 14, and they started processing the application on April 25th but I just received an email requesting documents for her application. This is very strange because a lot of the documents it is requesting, we submitted with the original application. More suspect is the fact that one of the items listed is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I specifically remember paying the Sponsorship fee and the Right of PR Fee, not to mention including the receipt in the application package we sent in. Now I have 30 days to get them documents of which some of them are in China while we are here in Canada. To make matters worse, some of the documents they are requesting (which we included in the package), they need notarizations on (again, we did this and included in the package). I can get these things to them but it seems like a very big hassle for me considering I already did my due diligence in sending a completed package and for them to request them again due to an unknown reason (misplacing them?) is a little disconcerting to me.

Not to mention, it took them a month and a half to go from receiving my application to processing it (1.5 months taken away from the validity of some of the said documents [medical check up, criminal check]). Am I wrong in being a little upset? I know the HK Consulate just moved but that is no excuse.

I guess I just want to know what to do now? They don't provide me a number to call and ask them about this stuff. The email also doesn't allow me to reply to so that's a dead-end also.

Thanks for your help. And sorry if that came out as a rant; not something I wanted to deal with at 12am in the morning.

Edit: also forgot to include the suspect nature of the email. Maybe because the HK consulate is now in charge of the processing of immigration requests, they used a new email but it sent it directly to my junk box as "HKONG.IM-EMAIL-COURRIEL@international.gc.ca" (I looked up the UCI the email provided and it checked out). Another thing about the email is that the graphics come back with errors in them (not visible). And lastly, the text where the missing documents are requested has the first couple letters cut out (as if someone printed the screen and copy & pasted a picture of the text into the email). It is still readable but barely since I don't know precisely how much is cut off). This adds another concern to this problem right now and it's making me scratch my head.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
What docs are they requesting? Where is your visa being processed?

Juet things that may help us help you.

Mardek

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
St Petersburg, Russia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF request 21-04-2016
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
File Transfer...
15-12-2015
Med's Done....
06-27-2015
Interview........
Decision Made: 05-07-2016
Passport Req..
24-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
22-06-2016
You can always call CIC or send in case specific questions

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
Gary_87 said:
What docs are they requesting? Where is your visa being processed?

Juet things that may help us help you.
If the email is generic email, it could ask for things you already submitted, common for AOR2.

If you want to submit anything, to be on the safe side, do not send to the email address, but upload via case specific inquiry.

Fawzietrim

Dec 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2016
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
AOR2:13-04-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront/15-03-2016
Passport Req..
06-05-2016
cheng9999 said:
If the email is generic email, it could ask for things you already submitted, common for AOR2.

If you want to submit anything, to be on the safe side, do not send to the email address, but upload via case specific inquiry.
Why not by email? My vo asked me for additional documents and i send it by the email they gave me.
Should i resent them?

JJ628

Jun 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17th, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 13th, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 17th, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: Mar-22-2016 / AOR2: Apr-05-2016
Med's Request
Aug - 22 - 2016
Passport Req..
Aug - 22 - 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Sept - 21 -2017
Thyobear said:
Hi all,

I sent in my application and it was received on March 14, and they started processing the application on April 25th but I just received an email requesting documents for her application. This is very strange because a lot of the documents it is requesting, we submitted with the original application. More suspect is the fact that one of the items listed is the Right of Permanent Residence Fee. I specifically remember paying the Sponsorship fee and the Right of PR Fee, not to mention including the receipt in the application package we sent in. Now I have 30 days to get them documents of which some of them are in China while we are here in Canada. To make matters worse, some of the documents they are requesting (which we included in the package), they need notarizations on (again, we did this and included in the package). I can get these things to them but it seems like a very big hassle for me considering I already did my due diligence in sending a completed package and for them to request them again due to an unknown reason (misplacing them?) is a little disconcerting to me.

Not to mention, it took them a month and a half to go from receiving my application to processing it (1.5 months taken away from the validity of some of the said documents [medical check up, criminal check]). Am I wrong in being a little upset? I know the HK Consulate just moved but that is no excuse.

I guess I just want to know what to do now? They don't provide me a number to call and ask them about this stuff. The email also doesn't allow me to reply to so that's a dead-end also.

Thanks for your help. And sorry if that came out as a rant; not something I wanted to deal with at 12am in the morning.

Edit: also forgot to include the suspect nature of the email. Maybe because the HK consulate is now in charge of the processing of immigration requests, they used a new email but it sent it directly to my junk box as "HKONG.IM-EMAIL-COURRIEL@international.gc.ca" (I looked up the UCI the email provided and it checked out). Another thing about the email is that the graphics come back with errors in them (not visible). And lastly, the text where the missing documents are requested has the first couple letters cut out (as if someone printed the screen and copy & pasted a picture of the text into the email). It is still readable but barely since I don't know precisely how much is cut off). This adds another concern to this problem right now and it's making me scratch my head.
If I'm not wrong, that letter is you received is not a document request letter but your AOR2. I believe it's too soon for you to receive a letter stating that you need to submit this documents and because the AOR2 is a generic email that has everything that you stated, also because of the email who send it to you which is where your VO is Hong Kong if I'm not mistaken.
Did this letter have a new File # and UCI #? If it does, then it is your AOR2 letter.

yhang425

May 5, 2016
Hi there,

I think we are in the same situation here:

I'm sponsoring my common-law partner and together we submitted all the required documents to Mississauga in March/2016. And just last night we received an email from Hongkong office, saying our application has been tranferred to Hongkong, and the email was asking for documents like medical exam, copy of Hukou, copy of the bio-data page of passport, updated schedule A background declaration form (IMM 5669), updated additional family information form (IMM 5645), original police certificates, right of permanent residence fee, and other documents relating to dependent children.

I'm also confused as we've already submitted everything they requested to Mississauga in March/2016, as instructed on the CIC website. And I'm also wondering if this is just a generic email...

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
yhang425 said:
Hi there,

I think we are in the same situation here:

I'm sponsoring my common-law partner and together we submitted all the required documents to Mississauga in March/2016. And just last night we received an email from Hongkong office, saying our application has been tranferred to Hongkong, and the email was asking for documents like medical exam, copy of Hukou, copy of the bio-data page of passport, updated schedule A background declaration form (IMM 5669), updated additional family information form (IMM 5645), original police certificates, right of permanent residence fee, and other documents relating to dependent children.

I'm also confused as we've already submitted everything they requested to Mississauga in March/2016, as instructed on the CIC website. And I'm also wondering if this is just a generic email...
This is exactly the email we received. I can get most of those things to them but some of the documents would be a little more difficult and probably require her family in China to send in separate packages. Some of the notarized ones are just ridiculous to have to go get all over again.

What is AOR2? By the looks of it, I think that's what this is.

Do I submit everything all over again?

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
JJ628 said:
If I'm not wrong, that letter is you received is not a document request letter but your AOR2. I believe it's too soon for you to receive a letter stating that you need to submit this documents and because the AOR2 is a generic email that has everything that you stated, also because of the email who send it to you which is where your VO is Hong Kong if I'm not mistaken.
Did this letter have a new File # and UCI #? If it does, then it is your AOR2 letter.
Yeah, the email came with a new File & UCI number. I went on the site and it all checks out. Now I'm not sure if I should re-submit everything. It sounds to me like this generic email is just a glitch?

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Thyobear said:
Yeah, the email came with a new File & UCI number. I went on the site and it all checks out. Now I'm not sure if I should re-submit everything. It sounds to me like this generic email is just a glitch?
It is not a glitch.

AOR2 is the second Acknowledgement of Reciept that is sent once the application reaches the destination overseas VO and someone opens your file.

If it provides you with the applicants UCI, talks about your file arriving at HK, and makes mention of providing these documents if you already have not.. This is AOR2 and you can disregard the doc request as you already submitted it.

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
ImABule said:
It is not a glitch.

AOR2 is the second Acknowledgement of Reciept that is sent once the application reaches the destination overseas VO and someone opens your file.

If it provides you with the applicants UCI, talks about your file arriving at HK, and makes mention of providing these documents if you already have not.. This is AOR2 and you can disregard the doc request as you already submitted it.
I think this might be it then. Here's the start of the email after the new file and uci numbers:

"This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review."

However, I did a search for AOR2 on this forum and found a post by Leon who was commenting that if, in the email, it states that your medical check up will expire in 120 days and the information provided for some of the forms does not go back to 18 years of age then they must be re-submitted. I think this whole thing would be simpler if the email we received was more personal. It feels like I'm talking to a robot. ???

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Thyobear said:
I think this might be it then. Here's the start of the email after the new file and uci numbers:

"This message is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a member of the family class. Your file has now been transferred to the Consulate General of Canada in Hong Kong for further processing.

This letter is comprised of two parts: the first part is a request for documentation that requires your immediate action. The second part contains general information which you should carefully review."

However, I did a search for AOR2 on this forum and found a post by Leon who was commenting that if, in the email, it states that your medical check up will expire in 120 days and the information provided for some of the forms does not go back to 18 years of age then they must be re-submitted. I think this whole thing would be simpler if the email we received was more personal. It feels like I'm talking to a robot. ???
It does seem like AOR2 to me. When it asks for documents does it mention "if not already submitted" or something along those lines?

I think all VO's send different formatted AOR's as my wife's email was different than people from different offices.

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: Xxxxxxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxxx,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/xx/xx

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore 901645

This is the generic letter we recieved.

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
ImABule said:
It does seem like AOR2 to me. When it asks for documents does it mention "if not already submitted" or something along those lines?

I think all VO's send different formatted AOR's as my wife's email was different than people from different offices.

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: Xxxxxxxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxxx,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/xx/xx

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore 901645

This is the generic letter we recieved.
In our letter, it is hard to tell because the first few lines are cut-off. But if I were to slot the "If" at the beginning of the lines that are cut, it might actually say that.

Does this mean I just disregard the letter? And for clarification, medical checkups expire after a year, correct? Criminal certificates expire after 6 months? My wife is 27 years of age so her forms should have the information from when she is 18 years of age anyways.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Thyobear said:
In our letter, it is hard to tell because the first few lines are cut-off. But if I were to slot the "If" at the beginning of the lines that are cut, it might actually say that.

Does this mean I just disregard the letter? And for clarification, medical checkups expire after a year, correct? Criminal certificates expire after 6 months? My wife is 27 years of age so her forms should have the information from when she is 18 years of age anyways.
If you are really worried you can send a case specific enquiry to HK asking if you are required to submit anything/whether they have all your docs.

Yes medical is 1 year and most PCC are 6 months. CIC will contact you to provide an updated one if processing time goes past a year for your medicals. They may or may not ask for an updated PCC at that time as well.

Thyobear

Dec 2, 2014
ImABule said:
If you are really worried you can send a case specific enquiry to HK asking if you are required to submit anything/whether they have all your docs.

Yes medical is 1 year and most PCC are 6 months. CIC will contact you to provide an updated one if processing time goes past a year for your medicals. They may or may not ask for an updated PCC at that time as well.
I just sent them a case specific email asking whether or not to re-submit. But by the looks of it, I can just disregard this letter unless they respond otherwise. I really hope they get back to me soon because if it is indeed true that I need to re-submit, I have time working against me. I have had pretty bad experiences (no replies) in my correspondence with embassies and consulates; they seem to enjoy disregarding my enquiries.