+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document: Purpose of Travel - Other

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
The invitation letter from your Canadian host must be addressed to the Visa Officer. It must be included as part of your application/not to be submitted separately
Dear Brayanna,
I have a quick question about "purpose of travel - Other" . I am inviting my parents, so the letter should be written by my parents or it suppose to be me again as like invitation letter? In brief, what should be in From: section and Thanks, xxxxxx??(its me or my parents?) Please share me, if you have any sample document to visualcppguy@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Kalpan

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Dear Brayanna,
I have a quick question about "purpose of travel - Other" . I am inviting my parents, so the letter should be written by my parents or it suppose to be me again as like invitation letter? In brief, what should be in From: section and Thanks, xxxxxx??(its me or my parents?) Please share me, if you have any sample document to visualcppguy@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Kalpan
Hi Kalpan,

The invitation letter must be written by you.... addressed to the visa officer. The tone of the letter would be formal and factual, nothing emotional.

Some suggestions are here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

Cheers

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi Kalpan,

The invitation letter must be written by you.... addressed to the visa officer. The tone of the letter would be formal and factual, nothing emotional.

Some suggestions are here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

Cheers
Thanks Bryanna,
I have completed the invitation letter, but there is also a document to upload "PURPOSE OF TRAVEL - OTHER". what document should I upload for this and it says:

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.

Thank you!

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Thanks Bryanna,
I have completed the invitation letter, but there is also a document to upload "PURPOSE OF TRAVEL - OTHER". what document should I upload for this and it says:

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.

Thank you!
Do you mean, invitation letter and purpose of travel - other, both are same? As per my understanding, the purpose of travel document needs to be completed by my parents with triip details on day by day basis?

Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do you mean, invitation letter and purpose of travel - other, both are same? As per my understanding, the purpose of travel document needs to be completed by my parents with triip details on day by day basis?

Thank you.
No. They are different.

Like you have correctly mentioned, the purpose of travel document would be the day-by-day itinerary like typical tourists and to meet you/your family, etc + provisional flight bookings (can mention that confirmed tickets will be purchased only after the TRVs are issued)

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
No. They are different.

Like you have correctly mentioned, the purpose of travel document would be the day-by-day itinerary like typical tourists and to meet you/your family, etc + provisional flight bookings (can mention that confirmed tickets will be purchased only after the TRVs are issued)
Thanks Bryanna! I will do.

harnit2010

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Brayanna,

Thanks,
Kalpan

Hi Kalpan,
I am in the same situation and need to submit a required document for "Purpose of Travel". Can you suggest what did you finally submit?

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
You can include provisional flight bookings.... and state in the cover letter that you will buy confirmed tickets when the TRV is issued. Also, do prepare a day-by-day itinerary (broad plan) for sightseeing/activities, etc.

Actual processing times can go for a toss + the risk of a TRV refusal (hopefully, it will not happen in your case)
Bryanna,
Looking for advice. Is it mandatory that book flight while someone apply for visit visa. I think someone should book air ticket after get visa isn't it. If anyone wants book willingly that different. Also can my sister provide my residential address to stay with me instead of hotel reservation confirmation.

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryanna,
Looking for advice. Is it mandatory that book flight while someone apply for visit visa. I think someone should book air ticket after get visa isn't it. If anyone wants book willingly that different.
Agreed. It's not a good idea to book tickets in advance. An applicant can submit flight itineraries instead. This is acceptable.

Also can my sister provide my residential address to stay with me instead of hotel reservation confirmation.
Yes. In fact, it would help her TRV application as compared to applying as a tourist

Reactions: iceberge

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Agreed. It's not a good idea to book tickets in advance. An applicant can submit flight itineraries instead. This is acceptable.

Yes. In fact, it would help her TRV application as compared to applying as a tourist
Wow great. Love to know the information. You have gave me a great point.

mgmmaples

Jan 5, 2020
Hello,

Where will I attach my NOA/T4 my mom's TRV application (tourist), together with my invitation letter or with the proof of funds?

hari.323

Sep 17, 2020
Dear Bryanna,

i am inviting my parents to visit me in Canada. I am applying for a Visitor visa for them with the purpose of Family Visit. But looks like I need to submit a document providing the purpose of visit. And there are 3 listed in the help section.

1. flight tickets
2. Travel itinerary
3. Medical appointment

If we can submit provisional flight tickets, where to get them from? Also regd. travel itinerary due to covid the tourism visas are not issued. So what should be the travel itinerary as we can’t visit places in this pandemic. The purpose of my parents’s visit is to take care of my infant child who is less than 1 year old. Please help me providing this document please

G Deep

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi Bryanna,

I am applying Super Visa for my mother through an Online application and had some queries. It would be much appreciated if you could provide some guidance.

1) There is a section called "Purpose of Travel - Other". It asks to upload documents like flight tickets, itinerary etc. However, my mother will be staying with me for about 10 months, so it's not like a tourist trip where we have an itinerary. Also, we don't have a return tickets. Can I attach the property ownership document of her home in her home country India, along with her bank statements to prove her ties with her home country? If you could provide some guidance of what else I can attach, that would be really helpful

2) I have addressed my Invitation letter to my mom. Is that fine or should I address it to the Visa officer?

3) I had also sponsored my wife's PR and she got her PR in March 2020. Do I need to mention that anywhere in the application? Should I also attach my wife employment offer letter to show that she is also earning? I don't have any other dependents.

I would really appreciate if you could provide your thoughts on the above.

Thanks,

SHEFA 2021

Mar 31, 2021
Hi Bryanna,

I am applying Super Visa for my mother through an Online application and had some queries. It would be much appreciated if you could provide some guidance.

1) There is a section called "Purpose of Travel - Other". It asks to upload documents like flight tickets, itinerary etc. However, my mother will be staying with me for about 10 months, so it's not like a tourist trip where we have an itinerary. Also, we don't have a return tickets. Can I attach the property ownership document of her home in her home country India, along with her bank statements to prove her ties with her home country? If you could provide some guidance of what else I can attach, that would be really helpful

2) I have addressed my Invitation letter to my mom. Is that fine or should I address it to the Visa officer?

3) I had also sponsored my wife's PR and she got her PR in March 2020. Do I need to mention that anywhere in the application? Should I also attach my wife employment offer letter to show that she is also earning? I don't have any other dependents.

I would really appreciate if you could provide your thoughts on the above.

Thanks,
Hi Deep ,
Did you already apply for her? I m in the same pace. Can you please help me or lets help each other pls