+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document: Purpose of Travel - Other

derek5366

Mar 30, 2017
What are the best options for the upload.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.

This is what CIC requires
I have not bought a ticket yet cause waiting to get the visitor visa first.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
derek5366 said:
What are the best options for the upload.

Examples of what you can provide as proof:

A scanned copy of:

Your flight ticket departing Canada,
Your travel itinerary (e.g. places you will visit or stay, such as hotel booking),
Proof of a medical appointment.

This is what CIC requires
I have not bought a ticket yet cause waiting to get the visitor visa first.
Then do the other two.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You can include provisional flight bookings.... and state in the cover letter that you will buy confirmed tickets when the TRV is issued. Also, do prepare a day-by-day itinerary (broad plan) for sightseeing/activities, etc.

Actual processing times can go for a toss + the risk of a TRV refusal (hopefully, it will not happen in your case)

avs189

Apr 18, 2017
1> Day by Day itinerary
2> Support evidences in the cover letter format (enclosures)
3> Sample airline trip - from any travel website such as expedia,orbitz etc

Club all these into single pdf document and should become your purpose of travel.

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Bryanna said:
You can include provisional flight bookings.... and state in the cover letter that you will buy confirmed tickets when the TRV is issued. Also, do prepare a day-by-day itinerary (broad plan) for sightseeing/activities, etc.

Actual processing times can go for a toss + the risk of a TRV refusal (hopefully, it will not happen in your case)
if my mother is coming to just visit me and we do not have an itinerary, is that step needed ? I did create a letter and mention that we dont have a itinerary, however we did put a "reservation" ticket.
is tht sufficient?

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
KT_2017 said:
if my mother is coming to just visit me and we do not have an itinerary, is that step needed ? I did create a letter and mention that we dont have a itinerary, however we did put a "reservation" ticket.
is tht sufficient?

thanks
A provisional flight ticket is fine. However, IRCC would also like to see if an applicant has planned his/her visit well. For this, a day-by-day broad itinerary for sightseeing/activities/meeting friends and relatives would help.

A good plan means a visitor knows exactly what s/he intends to do during the visit.

As you've already applied, you will have to wait until you get a decision

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Bryanna said:
A provisional flight ticket is fine. However, IRCC would also like to see if an applicant has planned his/her visit well. For this, a day-by-day broad itinerary for sightseeing/activities/meeting friends and relatives would help.

A good plan means a visitor knows exactly what s/he intends to do during the visit.

As you've already applied, you will have to wait until you get a decision
i havent submitted my application yet... wht do u suggest to include in the itinerary if we dont really have a plan on what she will be visiting once she gets here..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
KT_2017 said:
i havent submitted my application yet... wht do u suggest to include in the itinerary if we dont really have a plan on what she will be visiting once she gets here..
Plans can change anytime. However, for a TRV application, you can do a bit of research/look up tourism places and activities that you'd like to take your mom to.

The day-by-day itinerary could also include days stayed in at home relaxing/watch the television, etc. Basically, the idea is to prove that the applicant knows what s/he intends to do

KT_2017

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Bryanna said:
Plans can change anytime. However, for a TRV application, you can do a bit of research/look up tourism places and activities that you'd like to take your mom to.

The day-by-day itinerary could also include days stayed in at home relaxing/watch the television, etc. Basically, the idea is to prove that the applicant knows what s/he intends to do
thank you.. i made one and included with application...

derek5366

Mar 30, 2017
How detailed you think I should go?

Itinerary like hour by hour. For example this is what I have so far for one day

just arrive from airport 9:30 am shower then take a nap

1400 pm grab some lunch at a home or eat sushi

19:00 family dinner with whole family Ning Tu Restaurant

21:00 back home at in laws residence, then shower , watch tv , sleep

is this too detailed?

Anwers

Mar 30, 2017
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
derek5366 said:
How detailed you think I should go?

Itinerary like hour by hour. For example this is what I have so far for one day

just arrive from airport 9:30 am shower then take a nap

1400 pm grab some lunch at a home or eat sushi

19:00 family dinner with whole family Ning Tu Restaurant

21:00 back home at in laws residence, then shower , watch tv , sleep

is this too detailed?
Too detailed , i guess you just need to give idea what plans you have for staying , what places you will be visiting and are you aware of expenses like ticket traveling cost or renting a car what ever

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
derek5366 said:
Does my invitation letter have to be sent to canadian embassy before we submit?
The invitation letter from your Canadian host must be addressed to the Visa Officer. It must be included as part of your application/not to be submitted separately