+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Delays due to COVID-19. What do I do?

Newbie90

Nov 9, 2019
Hi guys,

I hope you'll are safe and healthy during this trying time.

I currently live in New York and received an ITA some time back (I still have about two months to submit my application). I am however concerned about the time it is taking me to acquire my documents. I have all my work experience related documents in place, however I am having trouble with the medical examination and the Indian PCC.
1) For the medical examination I have a tentative appointment at the end of April. With the current lockdown it is very difficult to find and panel physicians whose offices are still open (I hope that will give me enough time).
2) I am more concerned about the PCC - I contacted the Indian consulate and they said that walk-in services have been suspended and they aren't currently processing applications for Miscellaneous Services (this includes PCC). In terms of timelines they have mentioned that they will only start after the COVID-19 situation is under control (indefinite timeline, which I understand as they are working hard on helping people deal with the situation).

a) What do I do if I am not able to get the PCC in time?
b) Should I decline my ITA and wait to be picked again?
c) Is there any alternative that I can avail of to handle this situation?

I am really looking forward to you responses. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thank you so much. I hope you stay safe and healthy.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi guys,

I currently live in New York and received an ITA some time back (I still have about two months to submit my application). I am however concerned about the time it is taking me to acquire my documents. I have all my work experience related documents in place, however I am having trouble with the medical examination and the Indian PCC.
1) For the medical examination I have a tentative appointment at the end of April. With the current lockdown it is very difficult to find and panel physicians whose offices are still open (I hope that will give me enough time).
2) I am more concerned about the PCC - I contacted the Indian consulate and they said that walk-in services have been suspended and they aren't currently processing applications for Miscellaneous Services (this includes PCC). In terms of timelines they have mentioned that they will only start after the COVID-19 situation is under control (indefinite timeline, which I understand as they are working hard on helping people deal with the situation).

I am really looking forward to you responses. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thank you so much. I hope you stay safe and healthy.

Do not decline ITA especially if you're a FSW candidate. There have been no FSW draws off late.

If you're not able to procure documents by due date I would say still submit the application with a letter of explanation that you couldn't procure the documents. Given the situation IRCC will give you more time to get the documents.
Also, try to take written proof of Indian embassy not porcessing miscellaneous applications either by sending them an email or a screenshot of the website. You can submit this information in application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Application_intake

husky10ng

Star Member
Oct 31, 2015
Hi guys,

you can submit your application and in the tabs for medical and pcc, u insert a letter of explanation stating that their services are interrupted by COVID-19 and you will upload the documents once they are ready. They have stated this in their website that you can submit without documents only affected by COVID-19 and they will not penalize u or reject ur application. If other documents are ready, the earlier u submit them, the better for u. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Application_intake

Amrit1234

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
I am in the same situation, only PCC and medical is missing.
Can I Still submit application April 30 as there are a considerable amount of fees will increase after that date?

Moreover, What Will happen after submitting an application without PCC and medical with LOE? How many days are given to me to submit remaining documents? and how will upload remaining documents?
Please help !

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
you can submit your application and in the tabs for medical and pcc, u insert a letter of explanation stating that their services are interrupted by COVID-19 and you will upload the documents once they are ready. They have stated this in their website that you can submit without documents only affected by COVID-19 and they will not penalize u or reject ur application. If other documents are ready, the earlier u submit them, the better for u. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Application_intake
I'm in the same boat as the others. My PCC has yet to arrive in Canada. I've been in contact with both the police and the postal services, using tracking number supplied by the police. It was posted May 19 and the last noted date on the tracking is June 1st, in the original country. It has yet to show up on Canada Post's tracking. Seems it's going by surface mail, and not air, which can take months. My ITA expires July 31.

According to above link, it should be OK to submit my application without the PCC and attach an LOE. However, I am seeing posts on this forum from people who have had their applications cancelled due to missing documents, and they applied under current situation. So what gives?