03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Hello Everyone,

I have some questions regarding the documents I need to send along with my PR application.

1-) Employer Reference Letters:
- 02 letters are in Portuguese, which were translated by a Certified Translator.
On the 'Document CheckList' is asking for a certified copy when not in English.
My Question: Can I send originals instead of a certified copy? I am asking that because a certified copy will cost me C$ 25,00 each, and I don`t mind sending originals but I am not sure if that is ok to send originals.

- 01 letter is from Canada. Does it need to be a certified copy as well? Can I send Original?

- Do I need to attach a business card of the person who signed the letter?

2-) Marriage Certificate:
- Mine is in English and I will send a copy. Does it need to be a Certified Copy? If Yes, can I send original instead?

3-) Police Certificates:
- The ones from my country I will order online and will print them out. On the document checklist is asking for originals.
On the same page with information about my criminal records, you can find a code and a Website where immigration officers can go online and check if the information is valid or not.
I will also have them translated by a certified translator.
Question: How will officers know my police records are originals, since will be printed out from the internet?

4-) Travel Documents and Passport:
- Do I need send copied of my (stamps) entries in Canada or other countries?

Thank You!!! =)

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
EPP said:
Hello Everyone,

I have some questions regarding the documents I need to send along with my PR application.

- 02 letters are in Portuguese, which were translated by a Certified Translator.
My Question: Can I send originals instead of a certified copy? I am asking that because a certified copy will cost me C$ 25,00 each, and I don`t mind sending originals but I am not sure if that is ok to send originals.

Its better to send Certified copies. They will request original if they need it.

- 01 letter is from Canada. Does it need to be a certified copy as well? Can I send Original?

Send copy instead of original. They will request original if they need it.

Sure you can. But don't staple it instead use U pin.

- Mine is in English and I will send a copy. Does it need to be a Certified Copy? If Yes, can I send original instead?

No send Copy. you don't need to certify if its in English. I don't know why you want to send everything original.

3-) Police Certificates:
- The ones from my country I will order online and will print them out. On the document checklist is asking for originals.
On the same page with information about my criminal records, you can find a code and a Website where immigration officers can go online and check if the information is valid or not.
Question: How will officers know my police records are originals, since will be printed out from the internet?

This has to be Original. No photocopies allowed.

It say first page and last page. You can send stamps copies if you want. There is no harm in it.

Thank You!!! =)
See above answers . I would suggest if they say photocopies just attach photocopies; if they tell original attach original. :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
EPP said:

Your questions suggest that you may not be applying under the CEC class, or you haven't spent enough time with the instructions that CIC provides. Not taking the time to thoroughly understand the instructions is probably the number #1 reason applications are returned or refused. Highly recommend taking another look at the instructions and the document checklist, since all of your questions are answered there.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/cec.asp

Why are you including letters from employment outside of Canada? This is not part of the CEC application.

It should be a plain photocopy. You must keep the original letter in case CIC later requests the orginal.

Yes, if you can.

No, it does not need to be certified, it should be a plain photocopy. Do not send the original.

3-) Police Certificates:

Cannot comment without knowing the country. You need to send an original police certificate, unless CIC requires a different procedure for your country. You can find CIC's requirements for each country here -
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

Read the document checklist. Stamps/entries are not required.

www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5610E.PDF‎

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Thank you so much to both of you!!!

You guys have clarified my doubts!

;)

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EPP said:
Hello Everyone,

3-) Police Certificates:

Thank You!!! =)
You only need to show experience from Canada ! why do u have to provide letter from Portugal ? and if the doc is in English just send a copy ( no need to be certified) passp only the page showing ur name.... Police clearance can be ordered from you country's Consulat here in Canada i hope these answer's help :) good luck

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
IELTS Request
Celpip sent with application
Med's Request
23-10-2014
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
16-02-2016
Hello,

I thought I had to provide experience gained back home as well to prove that I had enough professional experience to be hired my employer in Canada.
Letters from back home are done and already Certified translated. Should I send them anyways?

Tks!!!

Att

EPP

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015