+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Checklist IMM 5491

AJE

Mar 16, 2008
Hi everyone, I'm just gather some more information for the Sponsorship of a spouse,common law, conjugal partner living outside of Canada and im looking at the second page of the document checklist where its asking for support documents for the sponsored person.

It asks for identity and civil status documents? Does anyone know what these are? Also Travel Documents and passports...I know they want copies of our passports but what other travel documents are they asking for? Anyways if anyone could give me a little information it would be greatly appreciated..Thank you

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
What country are u from?

it depends on each country really.

Identity would be birth certificate, identification id, etc. If you are married, dont' send ur old id which says u are single, just change it first.

Also civil status could mean family compisition record. If you are living in Syria and Egypt, they will want that from you. this is like a document that list ur family members, Ie u and ur wife and serves as an official Id in many countries.

Travel documetns means passport and for some people that don't have passports ie (stateless) they only have travel document not a real passport. If you have residence visas on ur passport, you will need to submit those as well.

If you are in acountry where it requires national military service, then u need to submit taht certificate as well.

AJE

Mar 16, 2008
Thanks, I'm from the states. I figured i would submit my passport and birth certificate and a copy of my driver license...

AJE

Mar 16, 2008
thank you mnassar..i knew i read through a document stating what identity and civil status were i just couldnt find where i had read them....thank you so much again

ThirstyDeer

Star Member
Feb 10, 2008
Travel documents also refer to "proof" of visiting your spouse/common-law partner/conjugal partner/etc. Could include boarding passes, itineraries, copies of stamps on your passport when passing through immigration, etc.