+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Checklist for Postdoc

Dr_Anoop

Feb 9, 2022
Dear All,

I was offered a postdoc fellow position in Canada (with a joining date of May 02, 2022). I need to apply for a Work Permit and I have registered on canada.ca and generated my document checklist. The items in the document checklist are as follows:

1) IMM1295
2) Employment Reference Letter - What do they mean by Employment Reference Letter? Can I provide a letter from my Research Supervisor stating that I have completed the PhD under his guidance and got awarded my PhD?
3) Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from ESDC - I got an LMIA Number from the Employer and transaction proof from their side. Can I upload the same here?
4) Employment Records - I assume, I need to upload my experience certificates from my past employers. Please clarify
5) Employment Contract - Do they mean the offer letter they have received from the employer?
6) Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered - What sort of documents do I need to upload here? Is my PhD certificate enough here?
7) Client Information - Which documents should I upload here? I have a recommendation letter from the employer that I am eligible for two weeks processing and also they have mentioned the NOC code in that letter.

As I have an LMIA number, am I eligible for a two weeks processing? I am planning to take an upfront medical examination and also fixed an appointment for the PCC.

Please guide me and any help from the members are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: VNM8

tang2022

Mar 9, 2022
I am new to this. BUt one question i have is that isn't postdoc position lima-exempt? How do you get lima?

VNM8

Jul 11, 2022
Hi!
I've recently logged in. Were you finally able to apply for the postdoc?
How long did they take to process your application?
I'm in a similar situation and any information would be amazing!

Dear All,

I was offered a postdoc fellow position in Canada (with a joining date of May 02, 2022). I need to apply for a Work Permit and I have registered on canada.ca and generated my document checklist. The items in the document checklist are as follows:

1) IMM1295
2) Employment Reference Letter - What do they mean by Employment Reference Letter? Can I provide a letter from my Research Supervisor stating that I have completed the PhD under his guidance and got awarded my PhD?
Dear All,

1) IMM1295
3) Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from ESDC - I got an LMIA Number from the Employer and transaction proof from their side. Can I upload the same here?
4) Employment Records - I assume, I need to upload my experience certificates from my past employers. Please clarify
5) Employment Contract - Do they mean the offer letter they have received from the employer?
6) Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered - What sort of documents do I need to upload here? Is my PhD certificate enough here?
7) Client Information - Which documents should I upload here? I have a recommendation letter from the employer that I am eligible for two weeks processing and also they have mentioned the NOC code in that letter.

As I have an LMIA number, am I eligible for a two weeks processing? I am planning to take an upfront medical examination and also fixed an appointment for the PCC.

Please guide me and any help from the members are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.