+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doctor-3112.

D

deva

I have found this Newspaper article today. You may find it interesting to read:

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Three+Saudi+doctors+University+Ottawa+million/6072702/story.html

acmd

Star Member
Jan 3, 2012
Hey all doctors!!

I sent an email to the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, asking about licensing, sitting for the specialty boards, etc. It was definitely an "eye opener" and found the information very helpful. For my part, I started downloading and filling out forms TODAY to see if I have a chance of getting a job soon (within 1.5 years). Not only is it a tedious process, it is an expensive one. However, I don't know about your own personal experiences, personally I am used to all this paperwork...though very tiring, not new. Am posting the email they sent me, and hope you find it helpful. Take care.

Doctor xxxx,

In order to practice medicine in Canada you are required to obtain registration from the medical regulatory authority (MRA) in the province in which you wish to practice. This is not the responsibility of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Information on conditions to obtain licensure and whether or not you can register to practice with or without Royal College certification can be obtained from the provincial medical regulatory authority of your choice: http://rcpsc.medical.org/links/provli_e.php.

All physicians who wish to be considered for the Royal College examinations leading to certification in their specialty must apply to have their training assessed as we have to determine to what extent an applicant has satisfactorily met the Royal College’s current specialty specific training requirements.

The Royal College will consider ACGME accredited residency training completed in the United States. Should you decide to apply for evaluation, please find the application and relevant details on the following link; http://rcpsc.medical.org/residency/certification/assessment/index.php

Applications must be submitted by April 30 one year before the examination year you wish to be considered for. If you would like to be considered for spring 2013, an application would have to be submitted by April 30, 2012 to avoid penalty charges.

Applicants must comply with the Royal College policies outlined in the Policies and Procedures for Certification and Fellowship manual (http://rcpsc.medical.org/residency/certification/policy-procedures_e.pdf).

All applicants with medical qualifications from other than CACMS/LCME accredited medical schools must have succeeded at one of the following screening examinations in order to have their medical qualifications recognized by the Royal College:

(i) the MCC EE,

(ii) the MCC QE, Parts I and II, or

(iii) the United States Medical Licensing Examination, Parts I, II and III.

Note: the provision of a Royal College application for assessment form does not guarantee that the Royal College will recognize all of the applicant’s postgraduate medical education. Applicants must meet the Royal College current specialty specific requirements.

I trust this is helpful.

Sincerely,

Anne-Marie Fyfe
Credentials Agent | Agente des Titres

traumasurgeon

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
Doc's Request.
28-10-2010
AOR Received.
28-10-2010
IELTS Request
28-10-2010
Med's Request
20-11-2011
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Passport Req..
25-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2012
Hi to all,

Shortly I have usmle step1 and 2. I am a general surgeon from turkey. Is there any chance for me to practice without mccee. Thanks for the replies

pratirajya

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
basmalahh said:
Hi Basmallah,
Thanks for the details of PCRC. Could you also indicate if we need to verify the Medical councils registration from back home for PCRC verification or we just need the transcripts and diploma from the university? Thanking you .

basmalahh

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Recieved by M.KRSWZDA on 12-10-2010, Payment BD
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09.02.2011, In Process 11.08.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
03.07.2012, additional meds 15.08.2012, Meds on Ecas 25.08.2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by Allah's will :)
pratirajya said:
Hi Basmallah,
Thanks for the details of PCRC. Could you also indicate if we need to verify the Medical councils registration from back home for PCRC verification or we just need the transcripts and diploma from the university? Thanking you .
My pleasure pratiragya,

You only need the papers I previousely mentioned. That is:

-Graduation certificate
-Transcript of degrees certificate
-Internship certificate
-Your identity document (e.g. passport)
-2 photos
-(Any other post graduate medical certificates you want to verify)

You do not need the Medical syndicate's registration form which allows you to practice medicine in your country. Isn't that what you are referring to?

basmalahh

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
doc basti said:
helu doc carl

i came across to this forum yesterday and i've been following your post..

I am a graduate from one of the medical schools in Cebu,I 'm from Mindanao...Im practicing as GP, a university physician for almost 3 years my husband is a nurse..we filed our application last Oct.28.2011.I am the principal applicant..we received our eligibility last Jan.23,2012..

I would like to ask how to register for mcee and where are the testing centers located here in the philippines...

are you considering taking usmle step 1 and 2 CK in our country as an option, before landing in canada?then cross to US to complete the steps,after knowing the hardship to get residency training in canada,do you think its a better plan?

thank you for your guidance doc...
Dear Dr. Basti,
Please refer to post #650 in the following link for how to start registering for the MCCEE
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/doctor3112-t46585.645.html

Good luck

vpct

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2011
AOR Received.
May 2011
Med's Request
August 3, 2011
Med's Done....
August 26, 2011
Passport Req..
February 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 15, 2012
ayazf said:
From what I have been reading in this forum, hardly remember any migrant sharing his experience of working as a doctor in Canada.
I guess the process is too cumbersome , lengthy and expensive and it is as good as re doing MBBS.

Anyone disagrees with me?
hope someone can share his/her experience in the medical licensure application process. it would really be an inspiration for us if someone who succeeded in the application could share his story

basmalahh

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Dear everyone,
Now that hopefully most of you have passed the first step for registering for the MCCEE that is registering at PCRC, lets complete the process.

The following is the 2nd part of completing the registeration for the MCCEE:

Once you have registered, sent the papers to PCRC & received their premilinary approval. A correspondence will be sent to you from PCRC including the following:
" Dear Doctor:

Please be advised that the preliminary review of your documents at the Physician Credentials Registry of Canada (PCRC) is complete and your documents will soon be sent to ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) for the purpose of source verification.

NOTE: If you wish to apply for the MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA EVALUATING EXAMINATION (MCCEE),

..etc"

They will also direct you to the following link
https://www.mcc.ca/MCConline/loginpage.aspx

Now you:
1. Register at the MCCEE site

To have an account there, make the payment & submit the online application form, follow the instructions in step 5 in this link:
http://mcc.ca/en/exams/ee/EeExamWizard/UsOsteopathApplicationSteps.shtml

Now you have an account there & have submitted an online application form:

2.Then you will be asked to send the online application form you just filled through:
- Mail only: if their are more documents you need to supply.
OR
- Mail or Fax: if there were no more documents required from you i.e. You only need to send the online application form you just filled.
Once they recieve your application form (+/- other documents) they will send you a confirmation of reciept.

3. After a few days,
-If you application is incomplete: They will send you a correspondence telling you so & asking you to complete it.
OR
-If your application is complete: they will send you a correspondence telling you that you are allowed now to register a date for the MCCEexam.
In their correspondence, they will supply you with a number called an Authorization To Test (ATT) Number & a link to the Prometric center website. Prometric are worldwide centers Medical Council of Canada hired to perform their test in.

4. You schedule at Prometric. Choose your center & date of exam.
They will send you a confirmation on your email when you finish registering.

& VOILA! just get ready for the exam now.

If anyone requires further help in the details. Do not hesitate to contact me by a personal message. I will be happy to be of help.

Lets review the whole process IN SHORT:
1. Register with PCRC & pay the money.
2. Send PCRC the documents.
3. Register with MCCEE & pay them the money.
4. Send MCCEE the online application form (+/- further documents).
5. Schedule your exam with Prometrics.

Good luck,

drclshah

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/08/2011
AOR Received.
28/11/2011
IELTS Request
sent along with application
Med's Request
01/02/2012
Med's Done....
09/02/2012 SENT ON 13/02/2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2012 SENT ON 13/02/2012, DM ON 09/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
May be 09/03/2012 PP received on 14/03/2012
LANDED..........
APRIL 2012
Dear

All doctor friends

There are any other options of carrer for doctor in canada like clinical research , hospital management etc....

I am interested in clinical research.

any idea for that???????

doc basti

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
10-02-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2012
thank you basmallah...

GOOD DAY!!

vpct

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2011
AOR Received.
May 2011
Med's Request
August 3, 2011
Med's Done....
August 26, 2011
Passport Req..
February 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 15, 2012
basmalahh said:
Dear everyone,
Now that hopefully most of you have passed the first step for registering for the MCCEE that is registering at PCRC, lets complete the process.

The following is the 2nd part of completing the registeration for the MCCEE:

Once you have registered, sent the papers to PCRC & received their premilinary approval. A correspondence will be sent to you from PCRC including the following:
" Dear Doctor:

Please be advised that the preliminary review of your documents at the Physician Credentials Registry of Canada (PCRC) is complete and your documents will soon be sent to ECFMG (Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates) for the purpose of source verification.

NOTE: If you wish to apply for the MEDICAL COUNCIL OF CANADA EVALUATING EXAMINATION (MCCEE),

..etc"

They will also direct you to the following link

Now you:
1. Register at the MCCEE site

To have an account there, make the payment & submit the online application form, follow the instructions in step 5 in this link:
http://mcc.ca/en/exams/ee/EeExamWizard/UsOsteopathApplicationSteps.shtml

Now you have an account there & have submitted an online application form:

2.Then you will be asked to send the online application form you just filled through:
- Mail only: if their are more documents you need to supply.
OR
- Mail or Fax: if there were no more documents required from you i.e. You only need to send the online application form you just filled.
Once they recieve your application form (+/- other documents) they will send you a confirmation of reciept.

3. After a few days,
-If you application is incomplete: They will send you a correspondence telling you so & asking you to complete it.
OR
-If your application is complete: they will send you a correspondence telling you that you are allowed now to register a date for the MCCEexam.
In their correspondence, they will supply you with a number called an Authorization To Test (ATT) Number & a link to the Prometric center website. Prometric are worldwide centers Medical Council of Canada hired to perform their test in.

4. You schedule at Prometric. Choose your center & date of exam.
They will send you a confirmation on your email when you finish registering.

& VOILA! just get ready for the exam now.

If anyone requires further help in the details. Do not hesitate to contact me by a personal message. I will be happy to be of help.

Lets review the whole process IN SHORT:
1. Register with PCRC & pay the money.
2. Send PCRC the documents.
3. Register with MCCEE & pay them the money.
4. Send MCCEE the online application form (+/- further documents).
5. Schedule your exam with Prometrics.

Good luck,
thank you for the information! did you apply for the pcrc when you were still in your country of origin or when you were already in canada? i plan to send my pcrc documents once i am there in canada. do u think that is a good decision or should i start now while i am still here in my country of origin?

doc basti

Apr 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2011
AOR Received.
23-01-2012
File Transfer...
10-02-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2012
Med's Done....
25-04-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2012
hi everyone...

a_stranger

Apr 8, 2011
hi..

Two of my relative applied for Doctors quota:

Application 1 : Arrived 7th Dec 2011
Application 2 : Arrived 4 Jan 2012

The cap was finished on 18 December 2012

Any one can you guide me what are chances that these applications will be included before cap is reached? roughly how many days of lag is between reaching applicaiton and putting in the system?

thanks for your kind help

jav

sho78

Sep 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-7-2011 (recieved by CIO), CC charged on 16-Aug
Doc's Request.
Sent with the application
AOR Received.
PER received 29th Sept
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
07-03-2012
Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
a_stranger said:
hi..

Two of my relative applied for Doctors quota:

Application 1 : Arrived 7th Dec 2011
Application 2 : Arrived 4 Jan 2012

The cap was finished on 18 December 2012

Any one can you guide me what are chances that these applications will be included before cap is reached? roughly how many days of lag is between reaching applicaiton and putting in the system?

thanks for your kind help

jav
they may not make it within the CAP.