+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Docs Returned from Buffalo - Help Needed

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hi all,

Because I made one tiny mistake on my personal history form, Buffalo has sent back all my docs saying I have 60 days to resubmit, I have a few questions around this:

1. Do I need to include things like an updated cover letter, redo the forms with the current date and updated activity since my last application ( I really hope not as I am out of the country at the moment and would need to send the forms back to Vancouver and then onto Buffalo again!!!).

2. Could anyone give me a reasonable estimate of how much this will delay my application by and, all going well now, when I could expect it to be approved if it is now as if Buffalo never received it?

Thanks,

Derek

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
are you an FSW 1 applicant? why Vancouver? You could send directly to Buffalo right?

derbeast

Star Member
Feb 3, 2009
Yes, FSW (IT Consultant). All my docs were sent back to Vancouver (my address) but I am away so I was hoping I could just email the updated personal history form (the form I made the error on) to a friend in Vancouver and have them send the application back to Buffalo. Otherwise, I would need to post all the updated signed docs back to Vancouver and have my friend resend it to Buffalo and this would take more time. How can I find out for certain if I need to update all the docs or not? It said nothing about doing this on the form Buffalo sent back to me. Here is what they wrote:

You have 60 days from the date of this lietter (Dec. 2) to submit the full application, including the information listed on the attached forms.

All your application forms and documents are being returned to you in this package. No record of your application has been retained by this office. Please return this letter and the attached appendices when you resubmit your application

http://geo.international.gc.ca/can-am/buffalo/menu-en.asp

There are incomplete sections on your application form. These sections have been highlighted for your reference. If a section does not apply to you, do not leave it blank; instead, write “not applicable” in that section. When providing dates, be sure to include months and years. If there is not enough space on this form for your information continue on a separate sheet. Also, an explanation must be provided for gaps in dates longer than three months.

X Schedule 1: Personal history (Section 11) during the period 9/2004 – 4/2005+

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
I don't know but to be safe, I would submit the whole thing again. Rather wait for someone else to answer.

If your full application was sent long time ago, they would probably want it updated but if it was like a month ago, then its probably not necessary to update it. Rather wait for someone else to answer.

Sarmad

Dec 18, 2009
if in initial application to nova scotia,written only years in education section (form, schedule 1 back gound declaration) that is from1991 to 1996 and so on, not written month,left blank(will it be ok) or they will return application ,kindly reply willit work, i am little bit worried.