+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doc Preparation before ITA. Reference Letter from previous emp and PCC .

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
Hi Guys,

I have a few doubts. My CRS score is 441 and I am expecting to get an ITA in the coming months. I have a few doubts regarding the documents required post ITA due to my situation.
Pls let me elaborate on my current situation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. I got married in 2017 and moved to the US. I lived there for a few months and came back to India in December 2017 and went again in March 2018.

- Again i went to the US in march and now I am in india and shall start working or at least stay here till March 2019.

Where should I get my PCC from? delhi passport office and for the US where should i get it from in delhi ?

2. I have the reference letter ready but its dated in March 2018 ...... since I was expecting an ITA then but couldn't get through. I am currently not working and these reference letters are of my previous employers.

Will i have to request for new reference letters ?

3. I did not receive the reference letter from both my employers. For one they gave me a document stating that they do not provide a reference letter and for the other, they gave me a reference letter in a different format.
I had arranged letters from my ex-colleagues with their ID cards and e-mail ids also. this has to be notarized too?

4. I am married but have applied as a single applicant as i will be calling my husband later and have 7 lkh in my account currently. I have entered 20k cad for fund hence will have to show 11lkh if i receive the ITA. Can i show the rest as a gift from husband ?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I have a few doubts. My CRS score is 441 and I am expecting to get an ITA in the coming months. I have a few doubts regarding the documents required post ITA due to my situation.
Pls let me elaborate on my current situation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. I got married in 2017 and moved to the US. I lived there for a few months and came back to India in December 2017 and went again in March 2018.

- Again i went to the US in march and now I am in india and shall start working or at least stay here till March 2019.

Where should I get my PCC from? delhi passport office and for the US where should i get it from in delhi ?

2. I have the reference letter ready but its dated in March 2018 ...... since I was expecting an ITA then but couldn't get through. I am currently not working and these reference letters are of my previous employers.

Will i have to request for new reference letters ?

3. I did not receive the reference letter from both my employers. For one they gave me a document stating that they do not provide a reference letter and for the other, they gave me a reference letter in a different format.
I had arranged letters from my ex-colleagues with their ID cards and e-mail ids also. this has to be notarized too?

4. I am married but have applied as a single applicant as i will be calling my husband later and have 7 lkh in my account currently. I have entered 20k cad for fund hence will have to show 11lkh if i receive the ITA. Can i show the rest as a gift from husband ?
1. I understand you are originally from India, and lived in the US for a few months. Although you're not clear on how many months exactly you spent in the US, do get a PCC for the US. Get it here:
https://www.edo.cjis.gov/
You'll also need PCC for India. Instructions here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html

2. A Reference letter from a previous employer is valid indefinitely. No worries, use that.

3. Because you don't have reference letters per CIC standard, any additional document proving your experience is good to have. So yes it's a good idea to have letters from ex-colleagues, better to be notarized. Add paystubs if you have them. A contract would be useful as well, or even your initial job offer letter.

4.If you're the PA and he's the spouse/dependent, then no need for gift deed if the account is in his name, and he provides you with a letter showing you have access to the funds. That could be a power of attorney or just a letter from him stating that he has no objection in letting you use the funds for immigration purposes.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
1. I understand you are originally from India, and lived in the US for a few months. Although you're not clear on how many months exactly you spent in the US, do get a PCC for the US. Get it here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/india.html

2. A Reference letter from a previous employer is valid indefinitely. No worries, use that.

3. Because you don't have reference letters per CIC standard, any additional document proving your experience is good to have. So yes it's a good idea to have letters from ex-colleagues, better to be notarized. Add paystubs if you have them. A contract would be useful as well, or even your initial job offer letter.

4.If you're the PA and he's the spouse/dependent, then no need for gift deed if the account is in his name, and he provides you with a letter showing you have access to the funds. That could be a power of attorney or just a letter from him stating that he has no objection in letting you use the funds for immigration purposes.
For 4. I am the primary and only applicant. There is an option when you will in the express entry that you mention whether spouse is accompanying you or not. We have entered no as he will not be able to come to me before 6 months anyway.. that is a valid scenario too right ?

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017

I have stayed in the US for 14 months in total if i add 2017 and 2018 stay....

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
For 4. I am the primary and only applicant. There is an option when you will in the express entry that you mention whether spouse is accompanying you or not. We have entered no as he will not be able to come to me before 6 months anyway.. that is a valid scenario too right ?
If you are married, there will indeed be a question where you will have to answer YES or NO as to whether your spouse is accompanying. Regardless of accompanying or not, you'll have to show funds for a family of 2, which is at least 15,531CA$.

If you answer no, you will have to explain the exact reason as to why he's not accompanying. Many couples have valid reasons, like a on-going divorce process or something. So prepare that to be convincing. Here is my suggestion:
A dependent doesn't have to come to Canada at the same time as principal applicant. Dependent can come later, up until the last day of the validity of medical exam (which is 1 year from the day it's done). So, include spouse, and then he can join you in 6 months. Much simpler.

For US PCC, you definitely need one if it's 14 months.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
If you are married, there will indeed be a question where you will have to answer YES or NO as to whether your spouse is accompanying. Regardless of accompanying or not, you'll have to show funds for a family of 2, which is at least 15,531CA$.

If you answer no, you will have to explain the exact reason as to why he's not accompanying. Many couples have valid reasons, like a on-going divorce process or something. So prepare that to be convincing. Here is my suggestion:
A dependent doesn't have to come to Canada at the same time as principal applicant. Dependent can come later, up until the last day of the validity of medical exam (which is 1 year from the day it's done). So, include spouse, and then he can join you in 6 months. Much simpler.

For US PCC, you definitely need one if it's 14 months.

1. I can apply for US PCC from india as well right ?
  2. Unfortunately, I cannot include him right now since he is working in the US and his area there is no valid IELTS centre and my score will reduce to 428 if I include him since I do not have a PG. There is a possibilty of him getting a work permit from his office if i get a PR ..... so we will work on that once I have a PR.......
  3. For no we have a valid answer since I was on h4 in the US with no work permit whereas my husband is working there.

Nov 2, 2018
Will you still be legible to qualify for immigration to Canada if your network status is not close to anyone of the required fees

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
  1. I can apply for US PCC from india as well right ?
  2. Unfortunately, I cannot include him right now since he is working in the US and his area there is no valid IELTS centre and my score will reduce to 428 if I include him since I do not have a PG. There is a possibilty of him getting a work permit from his office if i get a PR ..... so we will work on that once I have a PR.......
  3. For no we have a valid answer since I was on h4 in the US with no work permit whereas my husband is working there.
1.Yes. Check link in 1st reply above. It's all done online and delivered both via email and regular mail.
2.Okay, well make sure you explain this situation properly when you answer the question when applying. In that case, if he gives you money, do get a gift deed.
3.What valid answer? Did you mean for a question here?

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
1.Yes. Check link in 1st reply above. It's all done online and delivered both via email and regular mail.
2.Okay, well make sure you explain this situation properly when you answer the question when applying. In that case, if he gives you money, do get a gift deed.
3.What valid answer? Did you mean for a question here?

For this i meant is this a valid answer that my husband works somewhere else and i do not a work permit for non-accompanying spouse reason.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
For this i meant is this a valid answer that my husband works somewhere else and i do not a work permit for non-accompanying spouse reason.
I cannot vouch for what the visa officer will consider a valid or invalid reason unfortunately.
If you make the decision of having your spouse as non-accompanying, just genuinely explain and lay out all the reasons for that.
Nobody can tell how the visa officer will evaluate it.

Tech_girl123

Jan 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
30-DEC-2017
I cannot vouch for what the visa officer will consider a valid or invalid reason unfortunately.
If you make the decision of having your spouse as non-accompanying, just genuinely explain and lay out all the reasons for that.
Nobody can tell how the visa officer will evaluate it.
yes true ! Thanks ! :)

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
@Peacekeeper87 - is there any place to enter i am not working currently ? I have entered my entire work exp till 2017 in the designated fields...
No, there isn't.
Just enter your work experience in work history section, but only the ones for which you are claiming points.
The other experiences if any, put them in personal history.

shahid2909

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
Hi Peacekeeper87, I am in a pretty much similar position. I got nomination from Nova Scotia, and now at post-ITA period.

I showed 3 work experiences. I got reference letter from my direct supervisor, where i worked for 3 yrs 7 months. I took reference letters from colleagues (not supervisor) from my current and immediate past workstation. They have given me the letter on the company letterhead. There has been no mention that they are my colleagues. Also, they just stated that I worked there with annual salary, hours, duties. Should I mention this in my LOE? What supporting documents should I attach? Could you please let me know?