+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you think the request of those docs listed in a RQ is an invasion of privacy?

Jun 1, 2012
totally.

quoting from my own thread...

My RQ package is thicker than a binder..(including all the credit card/bank statements.)

I just don't get why they need so much information.

Shouldn't my T4's, Mortgage Statement, Property Tax forms be enough?

This whole process has been almost too painful and makes me feel like I am being harrassed.(Invasion of privacy)

Does the government really need to know that I have a spending problem?? LOL

I don't have any debt other than my mortgage(which I think is an investment rather than debt). Good credit ratings, always pay my taxes, own several vehicles, good enough job and I have a 20months old baby girl who was born and raised here in BC...

My RQ will be mailed off in the next few days.. but seeing some of you have been told to wait up to 48 months after submitting the RQ is scaring me.

Maisa

Jun 14, 2012
My RQ is a very thick binder too! 7 I definitely think it is an invasion of privacy. Such a painful procedure with indefinite wait times.

Maisa

Westwood818

Star Member
Jun 27, 2010
In the other forum, some people have contacted The Toronto Star reporter Nicholas Keung with regard to the RQ.

www . immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11263&PID=190450&title=rq-victims-are-low-priority-to-cic#190450

www . immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11325&title=in-regard-to-rqs-what-are-we-going-to-do-about-it

Hi Every one,

If you are from Ontario, feel free to contact Nicholas Keung Immigration Reporter @ Toronto Star
Please put the Subject: Residence Questionnaire

Also if you dont mind please mention your nationality
Email: Nkeung @ thestar.ca

Tell him your story

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
and there is privacy issue too. I don't think CIC have the right to look at our health history and financial statements. If they have preception and suspect us, I don't think it helps no matter how many additional proof we give them. Nevertheless, from other seniors in this forum, those proofs are only additional and can't promise anything. I also have read the stories from other people in the forum that even they showed the financial proofs to CIC, they accrused the applicants that the financial transactions or the credit cards were used by someone else, not the applicant. I don't know why we have to be treated as a suspect of fraud and defend ourselves like this in order to become a Canadian. If CIC were troubled by their audit results, they should find ways to resolve it, not to play game on us.

US, Australia, New Zealand, they need less than 6 months to complete the application for citizenship. I thought Kennedy keep saying following the model of those countries.