+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you sign Citizenship pictures for application?

hoping75

Nov 5, 2007
Hello,

Do I understand it right that you do not sign the bottom of the citizenship pictures that are sent with the application? You only print the persons name on the back, along with the date and such?

When do the pictures get signed in that blank space at the bottom of the pictures?

Thank you for the help

A

amirchov

Correct. You should have the following information on the back of your photos:
Name of the person photographed
Photo Co. Ltd
Address
Postal code
Date photo taken

From the CIC's document CIT 0021 (04-2011) E (might be newer version - I suggest checking online):
<b>Notes to the applicant</b>
citizenship photos must have been taken within 12 months of the date of the application;
do not wear a head covering unless you wear one because of your religion;
print the name of the person on the back of the photos;
put both photos in an envelope.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
But the question remains: who signs the signature bar at the bottom of the citizenship photo? I surmise that if an adult (over 18) is applying, that applicant must sign the photos. If the application is for a child under 2 years old, no one signs; in fact the photo need not have a signature bar at the bottom .

But what about the photos for an applicant between 2 and 18 years of age? Does that applicant sign? Surely a 5-year-old applicant cannot be expected to sign.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
toby said:
But the question remains: who signs the signature bar at the bottom of the citizenship photo? I surmise that if an adult (over 18) is applying, that applicant must sign the photos. If the application is for a child under 2 years old, no one signs; in fact the photo need not have a signature bar at the bottom .

But what about the photos for an applicant between 2 and 18 years of age? Does that applicant sign? Surely a 5-year-old applicant cannot be expected to sign.

I remove the final question. I read the Guide more thoroughly, and found that for children under 14, no one signs the signature strip.