+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you really need to have a valid job offer (LMIA) for an ITA?

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
Or, do you only need to get good enough points (470+) in order to be invited to apply for a PR?

Is a valid job offer (one with LMIA) a MUST? The CIC website says so in fine prints, but the overall Express Entry information gives the impression that it is not a must -- as long as you have good points, you can get invited. I'm so confused. Any insights from people who have been invited would greatly appreciated!

Also, if you graduated from a Canadian grad school, then work with the Post Grad Work Permit, and then apply for Express Entry, does that dramatically increase your chances of getting ITA???

THANK YOU!

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cindyu said:
Or, do you only need to get good enough points (470+) in order to be invited to apply for a PR?

Is a valid job offer (one with LMIA) a MUST? The CIC website says so in fine prints, but the overall Express Entry information gives the impression that it is not a must -- as long as you have good points, you can get invited. I'm so confused. Any insights from people who have been invited would greatly appreciated!

Also, if you graduated from a Canadian grad school, then work with the Post Grad Work Permit, and then apply for Express Entry, does that dramatically increase your chances of getting ITA???

THANK YOU!
It doesn't say anywhere that you need an LMIA. All you need is enough points to be selected under a draw.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
cindyu said:

THANK YOU!
To get an ITA the basic criteria is CRS points, which will decide whether you get a direct ITA or not. The ways in which you can get an ITA are given below.
1. If your CRS score is 473 and above (based on the last round of invitation) OR
2. Your CRS is less than 473, but you have received nomination from a province, then 600 points gets added to your existing CRS making you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round. OR
3. Your CRS is less than 473, but you have an LMIA backed job offer from a Canadian employer, then 600 points gets added to your existing CRS making you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Stanlee said:
To get an ITA the basic criteria is CRS points, which will decide whether you get a direct ITA or not. The ways in which you can get an ITA are given below.
1. If your CRS score is 473 and above (based on the last round of invitation) OR
2. Your CRS is less than 473, but you have received nomination from a province, then 600 points gets added to your existing CRS making you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round. OR
3. Your CRS is less than 473, but you have an LMIA backed job offer from a Canadian employer, then 600 points gets added to your existing CRS making you eligible to receive an ITA in the next round.
I second that. These are the usual 3 routes to obtain ITA.

cindyu

Mar 21, 2016
Dexmoody said:
It doesn't say anywhere that you need an LMIA. All you need is enough points to be selected under a draw.
Thank you, everyone, for your answers! Greatly appreciated.

I understood that enough points is all you need to get invited. I certainly hope so. But then, I did find on CIC website (Fill out your profile – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)), and this is what it says...

If you get an Invitation to Apply, you can apply for permanent residence. You will be invited only if you:
- have a valid job offer,
- have been nominated by a province or territory, or
- are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.

Why does it say "a valid job offer" if all you need is enough points? What does that mean? The valid job offer is linked to a page where they talk about a job offer with LMIA.

Can anyone advise? Thanks!

caddr

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cic has written so because a valid job offer ( lmia) and province nomination both bagg you 600 additional points which will raise your scores and you will be invited in the upcoming draw.
But if your human capital points are 450+ ( more accurate will be above 460 seeing the last few draws trend) then you can expect ITA soon

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cindyu said:
Thank you, everyone, for your answers! Greatly appreciated.

I understood that enough points is all you need to get invited. I certainly hope so. But then, I did find on CIC website (Fill out your profile – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)), and this is what it says...

If you get an Invitation to Apply, you can apply for permanent residence. You will be invited only if you:
- have a valid job offer,
- have been nominated by a province or territory, or
- are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.

Why does it say "a valid job offer" if all you need is enough points? What does that mean? The valid job offer is linked to a page where they talk about a job offer with LMIA.

Can anyone advise? Thanks!
This is a bullet list that includes the word "or". Any of these are sufficient by themselves to get an ITA.

The last point refers to what everyone has been advising you about: you only need enough points based on your human capital (read: Language ability, work experience, education) to receive an invite.