+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you put all photos together?!

kate137

Dec 13, 2015
Hello folks,

I'm organizing all the photos in one photobook (Apple) and am going to print it out. however when i was filling out the questionnaire IMM5490 it requires us to provide the photos of us on trips/outings.

As I read some of the previous experience of organizing the documents, many of you have separate the files into three envelopes as sponsor, sponsored person, and proof of relationship. So i'm a bit confused as to where should i put the photobook or should i just prepare another photobook (smaller) for IMM5490 specifically?

Also, do i have to print all of the photos out again as some requires the photos be LOOSE?

Thank you! :)

surleplateau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ rqst'd 23-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ rcv'd 05-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2015 err?
File Transfer...
09-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Interview........
waived; IP Sep 2015
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 22-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016 YAY!!!
In the answer box requesting photos on some form(s?), I wrote "Please see attached Proof of Relationship to Sponsor" so the CIC person would see that I was NOT skipping a requirement.

Lots of people here have their applications in 3 parts: Sponsor's checklist/forms, Applicant's checklist/forms, then the Proof of Relationship to Sponsor with stuff like photos, receipts, travel stubs, email/chat logs. It shouldn't be hundreds of pages (a human being at CIC has to scan each item into their system... they don't want a 1000-page tome...).

People have submitted their photos in printed, loose-leaf Word documents or as loose photos. I believe CIC just doesn't want a BOUND ALBUM. All sheets should be loose (again, someone is probably scanning each item through a machine). Can your Apple Photobook can be kept loose-leaf (no staples! but paper clips/binder clips should be okay)?

Edit to add an important NOT in first sentence!!!

kate137

Dec 13, 2015
surleplateau said:
In the answer box requesting photos on some form(s?), I wrote "Please see attached Proof of Relationship to Sponsor" so the CIC person would see that I was skipping a requirement.

Lots of people here have their applications in 3 parts: Sponsor's checklist/forms, Applicant's checklist/forms, then the Proof of Relationship to Sponsor with stuff like photos, receipts, travel stubs, email/chat logs. It shouldn't be hundreds of pages (a human being at CIC has to scan each item into their system... they don't want a 1000-page tome...).

People have submitted their photos in Word documents or as loose photos. I believe CIC just doesn't want a BOUND ALBUM. All sheets should be loose (again, someone is probably scanning each item through a machine). Can your Apple Photobook can be kept loose-leaf (no staples! but paper clips/binder clips should be okay)?
Thank you for the clear answer!

countrygal

Sep 26, 2015
Mexico
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 8th, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 23rd, 2016
File Transfer...
Feb 26th,2016-AOR2 May 3rd,2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 8th,2015
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Hoping for August 2016!!!
I did my photos in Microsoft word having 3 photos per page along with the description in a text both beside the photo. A lot easier!!

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
countrygal said:
I did my photos in Microsoft word having 3 photos per page along with the description in a text both beside the photo. A lot easier!!
I did the same. I think it's easier for them to browse as well.