+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you pay additional fees as an international student if you newly arrived as a Permanent resident?

Discussion in 'Education' started by justpassingby, Aug 10, 2019.

  1. Hello everyone,

    My husband will be joining me by the end of the year in canada as a permanent resident, and he is planning to start a university degree right away.
    Will he have to pay additional fees as an international student since he would not have his PR card yet?

    Thank you in advance,
  2. That will totally depend on the university. In theory, domestic fees should be charged but some institutions are fussy about what immigration proof they will accept.
  3. You will also have to apply as a domestic or international student. Entrance requirements are different.

Share This Page