+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country other than Canada?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
The way I answered it i indicated my travel dates for “visitor status”to all countries I’ve ever been to on a visit visa since I turned 18. I included an LOE stating i had visitor statuses prior to turning 18 but since it was a long time ago it is very hard to obtain and contact me if further info is needed. I also included all my residence visas for all the countries where I held residence visas. The interesting part is that I held a residence visa for the 4 years I was in Canada as an international student and regularly use to visit back home to the uae to visit my parents. I did not include that as visitor status. Rather I included a LOE stating that the residence visa was issued by my dads business to facilitate travel to the uae. I hope the visa officer connects the dots and doesn’t think that I didn’t include or omitted my time as a “visitor” to the uae under “visitor status”

hope my post makes sense

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
The way I answered it i indicated my travel dates for “visitor status”to all countries I’ve ever been to on a visit visa since I turned 18. I included an LOE stating i had visitor statuses prior to turning 18 but since it was a long time ago it is very hard to obtain and contact me if further info is needed. I also included all my residence visas for all the countries where I held residence visas. The interesting part is that I held a residence visa for the 4 years I was in Canada as an international student and regularly use to visit back home to the uae to visit my parents. I did not include that as visitor status. Rather I included a LOE stating that the residence visa was issued by my dads business to facilitate travel to the uae. I hope the visa officer connects the dots and doesn’t think that I didn’t include or omitted my time as a “visitor” to the uae under “visitor status”

hope my post makes sense
Thanks for sharing your inputs...
If I start doing that I will swamp the application form with dates... imagine flying from Dubai to Muscat or Doha or Manama or Kuwait and return the same evening. This used to be the norm at least 8-10 times in a month., all the way since early 2000s :)...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
If I start doing that I will swamp the application form with dates... imagine flying from Dubai to Muscat or Doha or Manama or Kuwait and return the same evening. This used to be the norm at least 8-10 times in a month., all the way since early 2000s :)...
In my case it was a bit easier as I had all the travel history since turning 18 in an excel sheet that I used for my PR application.
perhaps you could explain the situation in a letter of explanation with your application and try your best to aggregate as much data as you can.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
In my case it was a bit easier as I had all the travel history since turning 18 in an excel sheet that I used for my PR application.
perhaps you could explain the situation in a letter of explanation with your application and try your best to aggregate as much data as you can.
I did something similar to what you did during your PR. The excel magic..Ended up with 72 trips between 2008-2018(when I applied for PR).
I have had my passport renewed twice...For this application Id be using the passport that was issued in 2014.
So how would the IRCC folks corroborate visas issued on the previous 2 passports with the declaration I would make in the LoE?

Last edited:
Reactions: DesiPikachu

messiry

Sep 8, 2015
Hi Guys, I was reading the post regarding this question specifically, saw that the visitor visa in mentioned in the drop down selection. I have a lot of visitor visas, tried to add more rows in the paper application, but it goes up to a certain limit. I remember during the PR renewal application, that if we had a travel history that exceeds the rows, we should print an additional page. Is that acceptable for the citizenship application to print an additional page if we have a lot of visas issued in our passport ?

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
For anyone here in 2022 filing online, the requirement says
  • Tell us which countries you have held status in, and exactly what status you held or currently hold (student, employment/worker, visitor, refugee/protected person, permanent resident or citizen).
  • Date you obtained each status(YYYY-MM-DD)
Refer Q13 : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step4

mapple007

Oct 2, 2020
Unless it says 5 years in the question (and it doesn't), its for life.

Check my response in the post below :

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-for-canadian-citizenship-a-comprehensive-guide.687393/post-9590021
Out of spite for how much pain this question has caused me as a perfectionist, pain that I wish to inflict back to whoever designed this question, I have provided all my visitor statuses since birth. It's a long list of about 5 pages all tabulated. I spent 3 long days combing through my passports, my family's passports, family photo albums, emails, and journals to complete the list. I hope that whoever gets to go through them will realise how bloody ridiculous this question is.