+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of b

Oct 5, 2023
Do you currently, or have you ever held immigration or citizenship status in a country or territory other than Canada (this includes your country of birth)?

Hello everyone,

I can see the question above while filling up my Canadian Citizenship application form. I searched the forum for the answer to this question and what I understand that we should include even short term visit visas in this list. Now, it is easy for multiple entry visas like B1/B2 visa from the USA. But, what about single entry visas? I have travelled to countries where the visas are valid only for 90 days since the day of issue and I can only enter the country once using that visa. In that case how should I fill the date of this visa?

Option 1: Date of my travel? Start Date: The day entered the country; End Date: The day left the country
Option 2: Start Date: The day the visa was issued; End Date: Calculate the 90 days from the day the visa was issued
Option 3: Start Date: The day the visa was issued; End Date: The day I left the country

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Reactions: pulkitkumar190

Tats.tati

Apr 5, 2020
you don't need to include visitor, work and study visas, these are temporary statuses, not immigration, only Permanent residency permits/visas/cards etc. and citizenships

Oct 5, 2023
you don't need to include visitor, work and study visas, these are temporary statuses, not immigration, only Permanent residency permits/visas/cards etc. and citizenships
Thank you for your reply. Why is there an option for the “Visitor” then in the drop down menu?