+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do WES Evaluation & IELTS Required for Wife Also?

jairoop

Apr 10, 2015
Hi Esteemed Forum Members,

I am prospective applicant (Indian Citizen) for Canadian Immigration. If possible kindly address my queries as under:

1, I am principal applicant, although my wife is also Post Graduate: Do I need to pursue WES credential Evaluation for my wife also or Not.

2, I know I need to sit for IELTS :: Do My wife also need to sit for IELTS or Not.

3, Since my education is from India, currently I live in Australia : How to get Official Transcripts for WES from following institutions while myself in Australia:
Guru Nanak Dev University (India)
BITS, Pilani (India)

I shall be very thankful to you for this kindness.

Regards

Jai

himohan_u

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hyderabad - India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Since you are the primary applicant, you need IELTS and ECA done to obtain points for the same. Your spouse can contribute for 40 points in 3 categories - ECA, IELTS and Canadian Work Experience.

Check this link for more info - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

So if you want to claim those points then you have to get the IELTS and ECA done for your wife as well. First calculate your score without mentioning your wife educational qualifications and IELTS score and see if its good enough to get an ITA. Then calculate the score again mentioning your wife score as well and check the difference.

Check this link to calculate the scores - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Few universities, send the transcript directly to WES and they charge you for the same. So if you can check with your university if they can send the information directly to WES. (Make sure to ask them to mention your WES application number on top of the envelope. But I would say the best option is to have it collected from the University by person(friends or family) as sometimes, we cant trust the university, as there are chances that WES may reject the documents if they find it tampered.