+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need written Authorization letter for every member in a family who want to travel.

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi all,

I'm in Work permit and my wife and son are in Visitor permit in Canada.
My spouse and kid went to India for an emergency trip and now they want to come back (Reunite with immediate family member) to canada.
I applied written authorization letter for both (wife and kid), but i got response only for my son. Is it enough for both to travel? or i need separate approval for my wife as well?

absingh

Star Member
Apr 17, 2018
Hi, as far as I know, Yes.

Separate authorization letter is needed for each Traveler unless you are exempt from restrictions because of immediate family.

This letter is only needed for extended family members.

• Love
Reactions: Ezhilsdb4u

Ezhilsdb4u

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Hi absingh,

Thanks for your response.

As for as i learned Since I'm not a PR of Canada, even my Immediate family member would need this letter.

I would be more happy if your statement was true. :):)

Can you please provide me the appropriate link where i could confirm that only extended family members need this letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi absingh,

Thanks for your response.

As for as i learned Since I'm not a PR of Canada, even my Immediate family member would need this letter.

I would be more happy if your statement was true. :):)

Can you please provide me the appropriate link where i could confirm that only extended family members need this letter.
Your family should still need authorization until after Sept 7 but the changes in September are not guaranteed. How long has it been since your son received his approval?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My son got approval in JULY 8
I would send a webform or call IRCC to see if they know what is happening with your wife’s special authorization. You should have heard by now if your son got his authorization a month ago and you submitted 2 separate request for special authorization.

Aarti2301

Aug 30, 2019
Hello all,

I have a valid visit visa along with a travel excemption letter which allows me to enter before 28th August. I had my travel all planned via Ukraine letting me reach by 21st August. Now Ukraine has imposed a 14day quarantine rule, if I go ahead and stay in Ukraine for 14 days then I will reach Canada a day or two after my exemption is valid. Will I still be able to enter as I had got exemption under family reunification? Or will they deny my entry from immigration?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,

I have a valid visit visa along with a travel excemption letter which allows me to enter before 28th August. I had my travel all planned via Ukraine letting me reach by 21st August. Now Ukraine has imposed a 14day quarantine rule, if I go ahead and stay in Ukraine for 14 days then I will reach Canada a day or two after my exemption is valid. Will I still be able to enter as I had got exemption under family reunification? Or will they deny my entry from immigration?
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
If your letter has expired then you need a new letter. You need to enter before the 28th.

Aarti2301

Aug 30, 2019
If your letter has expired then you need a new letter. You need to enter before the 28th.
I have applied for a new one on the 4th of August. I am just worried that I will be travelling before I get a response. At the last minute I cannot afford to cancel everything. By any chance if I do not get it by the time I reach there, will that be a problem? I will have all the proofs that I left my home country by the 16th and had to quarantine in a third country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have applied for a new one on the 4th of August. I am just worried that I will be travelling before I get a response. At the last minute I cannot afford to cancel everything. By any chance if I do not get it by the time I reach there, will that be a problem? I will have all the proofs that I left my home country by the 16th and had to quarantine in a third country.
You can be denied boarding a plane to Canada with an expired travel letter. It doesn't matter to CBSA that you left your country on the 16th and had to quarantine. Again you will not know until you try to board.