+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we need to get round trip tickets to travel to Canada for Super Visa holders?

cutyshrek

Mar 19, 2012
Hi!

Good day!

I just want to know if it´s really necessary for my father who got approved for Super Visa to have round trip tickets before departure. I have already contacted our Immigration agency in Manila and they told me that they allow Super Visa to exit with One Way ticket only. Now, I´m worried that at the Point of Entry here in Canada might give him a hard time upon arrival. I mean, we plan to have him stay the maximum of 2 years but, you can only book return ticket 1 year in advance. And sometimes, you can not even refund the return ticket. Please help me as I´m in a dilemma right now. I want to purchase his ticket now but, I don´t know which one to buy. I will really appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks 8)

emr

Star Member
Aug 13, 2009
My Mom traveled on her SV with a one way tkt. No Q's asked abt her return tkt @ POE.

cutyshrek

Mar 19, 2012
emr said:
My Mom traveled on her SV with a one way tkt. No Q's asked abt her return tkt @ POE.

HI Emr,

That sounds good. Oh, can you tell me where she had her port of Entry? Did the immigration officers ask her any questions? Like what? And how may months did they allow your mom to stay? Thanks for your info! I appreciate it a lot