+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do we need to fill family information form in native language ?? --applying visitor visa online

neo2379

Jan 7, 2014
Hello frds

I am submitting my ONLINEvisitor visa application New Delhi office.

Questions on family information form
1.do I need to fill the family information form in native language as well(if yes-then I need to print ,write in native language ,scan and upload). But cic states upload original forms...
2. Do I need to sign family information form or its electronically signed ???

Please advised

HopesAlive

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Toronto
App. Filed.......
22-05-2018
IELTS Request
Submitted with appln.
neo2379 said:
Hello frds

I am submitting my ONLINEvisitor visa application New Delhi office.

Questions on family information form
1.do I need to fill the family information form in native language as well(if yes-then I need to print ,write in native language ,scan and upload). But cic states upload original forms...
2. Do I need to sign family information form or its electronically signed ???

Please advised
Hi Neo, Bryanna, All,

I am applying for my Parents & Brother's Visitor visa online and having the same question as above. As I cannot enter names in my Native language in this form without printing, is it ok if I submit this form with names in English only?

Also as stated by CIC, can you please confirm if nobody needs to sign this form?

As I have to submit this application urgently, your earliest response will be very much helpful to me. Thanks in advance for your responses!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@HopesAlive

Yes, you can fill the form, including the names, in English (electronically).

The Family Information form must be signed..... the visa application will be returned if it is not signed.

You must complete the form electronically.... print it.... sign it (by hand).... scan it.... and then upload it

Cheers :)

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
@HopesAlive

The Family Information form must be signed..... the visa application will be returned if it is not signed.

You must complete the form electronically.... print it.... sign it (by hand).... scan it.... and then upload it

Did not think I would bug you so soon @Bryanna its in the middle of the night and I woke up realizing- I totally forgot to write my parents names in Hindi in the Family Info form. Ugh!!! I spent so much time double checking all the info and this just skipped my mind. They did sign the form though.

What should I do? Feel like a FOOL. So easy to miss this.:(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did not think I would bug you so soon @Bryanna its in the middle of the night and I woke up realizing- I totally forgot to write my parents names in Hindi in the Family Info form. Ugh!!! I spent so much time double checking all the info and this just skipped my mind. They did sign the form though.

What should I do? Feel like a FOOL. So easy to miss this.:(
Not an issue. Relax :)

Reactions: Shagupta

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
@HopesAlive

I thought ircc said you don't need to sign by hand because the final acknowledgment page counts as signature.

I didnt sign my family info by hand so will let you know. Looks like it's going fine coz just 1 day I got "reviewing eligibility" then "bg check started" so I think they see it as complete and started processing.

Last edited:

Shagupta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Not an issue. Relax :)
@Bryanna I will, if you say so. I trust you fully. Will keep you posted.

I thought ircc said you don't need to sign by hand because the final acknowledgment page counts as signature.

I didnt sign my family info by name so will let you know. Looks like it's going fine coz just 1 day I got "reviewing eligibility" then "bg check started" so I think they see it as complete and started processing.
@unlucky_chaser did you write their names in native language? I totally forgot- I did make sure they signed their family information forms though.

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
@Bryanna I will, if you say so. I trust you fully. Will keep you posted.

@unlucky_chaser did you write their names in native language? I totally forgot- I did make sure they signed their family information forms though.
I did. Did you have previous applications with this info?

You may also just submit it on the web form if you worry too much ;)

Ofc make sure that each applicant signs where needed.

avantigodse

Feb 12, 2020
Hi All,
I am trying to upload the Family information form for my sister. The signed and names written in native language form i am not able to upload. In fact I am not able to upload even the VISA application form as it is signed and scanned.
Could you please help me as what needs to be done.

Thanks in Advance.
Avanti

Najiboss

Nov 16, 2019
I just call this morning and I got a temporary file number.
What does it mean?
Application been checked?
Is that confirmed no missing documents?
Thank