+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do we get a book along with AOR in the mail?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hello all,

Does CIC send any book (discovery Canada) printed book and any other test material in the mail when the citizenship application is accepted for processing (AOR)? Thanks.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hello all,

Does CIC send any book (discovery Canada) printed book and any other test material in the mail when the citizenship application is accepted for processing (AOR)? Thanks.
CIC send the printed book if you get the AoR through the mail. If you get it electronically you just get linked to the online versions (pdf etc..)
There isn't any other test material?

You can also order a hard copy of the book (for free) online. Takes a couple of weeks for delivery.

Reactions: canvisa13

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
is it just a random selection to send a physical book? There was no option in the application to get AOR through mail, just a question about email. I guess, the physical book won't be sent, if email is given in the application.

Carol82

Feb 27, 2019
is it just a random selection to send a physical book? There was no option in the application to get AOR through mail, just a question about email. I guess, the physical book won't be sent, if email is given in the application.
https://smp.gilmore.ca/web/richsmp/layout/generica/UserMain.faces

That is the link to order the book (its the CIC site to order a publication). Go to the left Menu and select Citizenship.
They sent me the Study Guide for free, took about a week.

Reactions: canvisa13

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Giving an email increases the odds of comms by email, however I don’t believe it’s guaranteed. Only way to tell is normally (possibly not always!) once you get an email for AoR all other emails following will match, so FP if relevant, test/interview and then oath.

Many many people get the emails as spam so whitelist the *. part at the end and check folder. Every email I’ve gotten including a web form query is from a different address!

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Giving an email increases the odds of comms by email, however I don’t believe it’s guaranteed. Only way to tell is normally (possibly not always!) once you get an email for AoR all other emails following will match, so FP if relevant, test/interview and then oath.

Many many people get the emails as spam so whitelist the *. part at the end and check folder. Every email I’ve gotten including a web form query is from a different address!
Ok. Thanks for the advice.