+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do Visa Officer accept property as proof of Fund..Please help Pmm, Leon

rabiasaeed

Nov 4, 2008
Hi

i have recently buy a plot which price is more then which money i required for settle in canada. please tell me is Visa officer accept property as prove of fund or just bank statement is acceptable proof?

Please Reply

Thanks

Rabia

Brown eyed girl

Nov 16, 2008
I think there are different policies in place depending in which country you are. I am told that if you're in the UK, they will accept deeds to a property, or mortgage statement from the bank showing what equity you have in the house as proof of capital. Not sure about other countries...you'll have to wait for PMM or Leon to advise

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Brown eyed girl said:
I think there are different policies in place depending in which country you are. I am told that if you're in the UK, they will accept deeds to a property, or mortgage statement from the bank showing what equity you have in the house as proof of capital. Not sure about other countries...you'll have to wait for PMM or Leon to advise
Your right only London accepts property valuation for initial applications, all other cash or negotiable instruments.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMM said:
Hi

Brown eyed girl said:
Your right only London accepts property valuation for initial applications, all other cash or negotiable instruments.

PMM
Correct Other Places like China,India and Philippines have plenty of fake property Deeds or Titles,Thats why they are not accepted

rabiasaeed

Nov 4, 2008
Basically when i was leaving pakistan in septmber to finland my bank balance was 3 time time more funds which i required for canada. but i spend half money on purchase property (plot) in Islamabad and half i with draw and leave it with my brother in Pakistan, he safe in home . because there was many news coming that time "banks are going to de faulter.

now i have plan i can ask brother to deposit money back in my bank account. so when i apply in Islamabad Office i will show property documents and new bank statement as well as my previous 6 month statement prior to septemnber (which shows good balance at all time in that pat 6 month) and explain them everything which is truth, i hope they understand.

please if any one want to help, give me your advice?

Thanks for Brown eyed girl, PMM, BCguy, adnan_hsn for your helpful advice.

Rabia

r_sab

Star Member
Dec 3, 2008
In first place, Unencumbered property should be a valid proof, as stated in the guide, and since it does not mention the country, Paksitan or UK, both should qualify. Its always better if you can show more funds.

Regarding bank statements, since there is a break in your statement, an idea can be to buy shares in Gold or some certifcates bearing only your name, and you can truthfully show that you used the withdrawn money for buying plot and shares/certificate. That should not complicate things I suppose.