+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do they still stamp the passport on arrival

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
I wonder if the immigration still stamp the passport on arrival to Canada as I have noticed they replaced the old system with machines , and you just scan your pr (or Canadian PPT) , but they didn't stamp my passport , is this normal?

Cheers

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
I guess that is a new procedure. I went through exactly the same thing. Just curious if they stamp a visitor's passport?

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
If CBSA doesn't stamp your passport, ask them to stamp it. Tell them you will need that when you apply for citizenship. Then they will stamp it.

look4d said:
Hi guys,
I wonder if the immigration still stamp the passport on arrival to Canada as I have noticed they replaced the old system with machines , and you just scan your pr (or Canadian PPT) , but they didn't stamp my passport , is this normal?

Cheers

chinoy99

Nov 20, 2010
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2001
AOR Received.
12-11-2001
IELTS Request
31-08-2004
Med's Request
22-11-2005
Med's Done....
05-12-2005
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-04-2006
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2006
LANDED..........
24-05-2006
When did you land again in Canada and which airport was it? If you are still on a permanent resident status, I STRONGLY SUGGEST go back to the airport or a CIC office in the city and get your passport stamped "with arrival stamp". Take your ticket and boarding pass as proof of travel. AS IF YOU DO NOT, it is a strong possibility that you will be questioned about the missing stamp during Citizenship test.
I am telling you from experience, as in October 2009 i was returning from the UK to Halifax, NS. The immigration official forgot to stamp my passport and i realized this quite late, but i was still in the airport, so went back to the office of the immigration and had my passport stamp! Dont ignore this, do it quickly. Good luck!

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi chinoy99 ,
Do you think they will agree to stamp it now ?, as I didn't stamp it yesterday on arrival, and where I can find the CIC office in Mississauga? , yes, I am still a PR.

Thank you for help

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
chinoy99 said:
When did you land again in Canada and which airport was it? If you are still on a permanent resident status, I STRONGLY SUGGEST go back to the airport or a CIC office in the city and get your passport stamped "with arrival stamp". Take your ticket and boarding pass as proof of travel. AS IF YOU DO NOT, it is a strong possibility that you will be questioned about the missing stamp during Citizenship test.
I am telling you from experience, as in October 2009 i was returning from the UK to Halifax, NS. The immigration official forgot to stamp my passport and i realized this quite late, but i was still in the airport, so went back to the office of the immigration and had my passport stamp! Dont ignore this, do it quickly. Good luck!
Hmm, I asked an officer at the airport and he told me that all my border crossings are recorded electronically. CIC has got access to them so there is no point in worrying about the passport stamps any more (particularly when you use the ABC machine). I guess, get your passport stamped if you can, but don't stress out if it did not get stamped. My ppt did not get stamped on the last two arrivals to Canada, yet the crossing showed up in the CBSA report.

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Suin said:
I guess that is a new procedure. I went through exactly the same thing. Just curious if they stamp a visitor's passport?
They would stamp a visitor's passport. Only PRs and citizens are allowed to use ABC machines.

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
Guys since this new machine system came into place YOU DON'T HAVE TO GET YOUR PASSPORT STAMPED this system had been put in place for PR and Canadian Citizens only and CIC IS WELL AWARE OF THIS. You cant just walk into any airport of any CBSA center to get your passport stamped...If any errors been made you have to fill out RECORD CORRECTION REQUEST FORM under the (PRIVACY ACT). Since this new machine system came into effect CIC WILL NOT BE QUESTIONING YOUR STAMPS. ONCE AGAIN THE ONLY STAMPS CIC WONT QUESTION IS THE ONE WHICH ARE EFFECTIVE AFTER THIS MACHINE SYSTEM CAME INTO PLACE. So stop panicking one another. The reason i am certain because i had the same issue and i had spoken to CIC and CBSA regarding this issue. The only passport get stamped now is the visitors. However if you want double sure about your traveler history you can request it through CBSA, that will give you peace of mind.

SO look4d relax yourself you are good.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are wonderful guys, thank you so much, that is a relief , ok how can I request the CBSA travel history record ? , can I request it like ATIP-GCMS online?

Thanks again

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
look4d said:
You are wonderful guys, thank you so much, that is a relief , ok how can I request the CBSA travel history record ? , can I request it like ATIP-GCMS online?

Thanks again
Canada Border Services Agency
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
410 Laurier Avenue West, 11th floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0L8
Dear ATIP Coordinator:

Pursuant to the Privacy Act, R.S.C. 1985 c. P-21, I seek access to and copies of traveler history for myself with the date range from xxxxxTO Present .
I am a permanent resident of Canada currently present in Canada. I wish to receive copies of the records and request to examine the information as-is. I do not require translation.

To assist with your search for these records, I am providing the following additional information about myself:

Full Name: xxxxxx
Date Birth: xxxxxx
Country of Citizenship: xxxxx
Travel Document Type: xxxxxxx
Travel Document Numbers: xxxxxxx
Permanent Resident ID number: xxxxxxx

I authorize and consent to the disclosure of my personal information to myself.

Please find enclosed copies of my passports, PR card and landed document.
If you have any questions regarding this request, please contact me by telephone at xxxxxx or via email at xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your consideration of this request. I will look forward to receiving your prompt reply....

The address is mentioned on the very top where you will be mailing your request. The sample letter is mentioned above too. It takes roughly about 3 weeks for them to process your request. They quote 30-60 days on their website.

Goodluck

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
OKK said:
Canada Border Services Agency
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
410 Laurier Avenue West, 11th floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0L8
Dear ATIP Coordinator:

Pursuant to the Privacy Act, R.S.C. 1985 c. P-21, I seek access to and copies of traveler history for myself with the date range from xxxxxTO Present .
I am a permanent resident of Canada currently present in Canada. I wish to receive copies of the records and request to examine the information as-is. I do not require translation.

To assist with your search for these records, I am providing the following additional information about myself:

Full Name: xxxxxx
Date Birth: xxxxxx
Country of Citizenship: xxxxx
Travel Document Type: xxxxxxx
Travel Document Numbers: xxxxxxx
Permanent Resident ID number: xxxxxxx

I authorize and consent to the disclosure of my personal information to myself.

Please find enclosed copies of my passports, PR card and landed document.
If you have any questions regarding this request, please contact me by telephone at xxxxxx or via email at xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your consideration of this request. I will look forward to receiving your prompt reply....

The address is mentioned on the very top where you will be mailing your request. The sample letter is mentioned above too. It takes roughly about 3 weeks for them to process your request. They quote 30-60 days on their website.

Goodluck
I believe there is a $5 charge as well?

OKK

Jun 22, 2013
uncanny said:
I believe there is a $5 charge as well?
No dude there is no charge don't pay attention to that $ 5 charge for 5 hours of search. Its absolutely free all you have to do send them the written request.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much , can I request it online like the ATIP/ GCMS ?