waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a general question, the pictures, and all of the original certificates , such as degrees, etc. that we had originally mailed with our application. How do they send them back to us (if they do?). I'm just wondering because IF my husband doesn't have an interview and is just asked to submit his passport, will they return the documents that were originals back to us? And if so to who's address .. the person who sponsored (me) or to his address (the applicant)?

Thank you in advance :) and gluck to everyone who is waiting!

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
Sometimes yes, but send copies unless it is specified that it should be an origional.

We sent copies of all of our supporting docs, except our letters of support.

Nothing was returned, but it wasnot necessary. I would definitly NOT be sending the origional of my degree.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambar said:
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a general question, the pictures, and all of the original certificates , such as degrees, etc. that we had originally mailed with our application. How do they send them back to us (if they do?). I'm just wondering because IF my husband doesn't have an interview and is just asked to submit his passport, will they return the documents that were originals back to us? And if so to who's address .. the person who sponsored (me) or to his address (the applicant)?

Thank you in advance :) and gluck to everyone who is waiting!
Hi ambar, for a family class application for spouse why did they ask (visa office) or you submit original degree certificates. Perhaps they can ask original marriage certificate, birth certificate or any photos and documents for relation proof.

Any how back to your question : Your husband's original certificates submitted to the visa office will completely sent back to him together with his COPR and passport when visa is stamped. Don't worry about it at all.

ambar

Star Member
Dec 1, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-01-2010
Doc's Request.
15-06-2010
File Transfer...
03-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-11-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-09-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-09-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Hi guys,
they actually did ask for his original certificates of education, which is why we had to send them with the application. Along with our marriage certificate, etc. I guess it differs depending on the country of the applicant? In part 3, of the country specific part of the application was where they stated they needed originals:

educational documents must have been issued on the prescribed form
by a recognized Board of Education or educational institution and must be originals. Any applicant
who is still attending an educational institution may submit a certified extract from the records of his
school. Each certificate must bear the general registration number, date of registration, and date of
issuance.

So I was just wondering about those because I know he plans on studying further if given the chance to in Canada. It would just be a bit easier if we got them back is all.

So I guess if they do mail it back, it would be along with his passport?