+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DO THE VISA OFFICE SEND BACK ALL THE ORIGINALS WITH THE VISA?

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Everybody,

I would like to know if the visa office send all the originals documents that I have sent along with my application. For example, birth and marriage certificates?

Thanks...

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All original documents are returned. Even the original bank statement, letter from bank and opened academic transcripts are returned. I found green small sticking tag on most of originals written with EX 1 -__ (means Exhibit written on them) . You will get all documents along with visa.

mnl2yyz

Sep 19, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future2010 said:
Hi Everybody,

I would like to know if the visa office send all the originals documents that I have sent along with my application. For example, birth and marriage certificates?

Thanks...
In my case CIC returned original school and employment records only, the rest are kept with them...

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mnl2yyz,

My VO requirements are copies of original documents expect employers reference letters and original transcripts in sealed envelope from tertiary institutions.

You may need to confirm your VO requirements again. If there are originals not meant for their keep like birth and marriage (which I believe should be copies),write for retrieval.

Cheers
Olabisi

Paco

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depend on your Visa Office.

For example Paris VO dont return any document after issuing the visa.

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi everybody,

I sent original birth certificates not copies because it was asked as additional documents. it was asked at the same time with the medicals request at that time. I hope that they send the birth certifiactes back to me because that is the only one that I have and I am currently living abroad.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
future2010 said:
Hi everybody,

I sent original birth certificates not copies because it was asked as additional documents. it was asked at the same time with the medicals request at that time. I hope that they send the birth certifiactes back to me because that is the only one that I have and I am currently living abroad.
Dont worry they never retain originals. Even the original job duties letter comes back.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All original documents are normally returned once the visas are issued.