+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do sponsors need to have a police check?

standbestrong

Oct 31, 2009
Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this question...

I'm a Canadian Citizen and this summer my husband and I got married in Malaysia after being in a long distance relationship for two years. We are both Iranian and didn't have a reception because we are planning to have it in Iran.

I am in Canada now and applying to sponsor him from here.
I understand that the documents he needs to send me are:
-medical exam
-original police check
-english translation of his birth certificate and identity card
-8 photos
-signed and dated immigration application

now I would like to know if I also need to have a police check done? and if I need to have my Iranian birth certificate translated??

and in terms of providing e-mails as proof...I have about 1000 emails from my husband and he has about the same from me...should I submit ALL 2000 e-mails?? or just the ones he has sent me??

Also, I have kept all phone bills dating back to 2008 when we began to develop our relationship and all phone cards (about 100)...should I also add the phone cards to my documents??

I would really appreciate your advice and guidance.

Thank you!

geminibella

Oct 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/11/2010
File Transfer...
21/12/2010
Med's Done....
08/24/2010
Passport Req..
13/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
15/11/2011
LANDED..........
30/11/2011
Hey,

I don't believe that you need a police check, nor have your Iranian birth certificate translated... all these extra information are only for the person you are sponsoring.. being a canadian citizen they can easily look you up by your name if needed to look for further information of they will ask you.

As for the emails.. I'd say print just about enough so they wont have to ask you for more and for phone bills .. throw in as many as you have.. phone cards won't do anything as I've read there's no way they can tell the number you are calling... however you have phone bills so discard the phone cards !

Hope this helps ! Good luck !

Riham