+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do sending webforms paint a negative picture on the applicant?

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
I was wondering if sending webforms to ircc have any detrimental effect on the application or the applicant?

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Its been more than 3 months since I applied and I just found out that I attached an earlier version of my SOP with that. No major movements until now in terms of application progress. The SOP that is attached has information but it isn't simply as polished as the other one I had prepared. Do you think I should send the actual one explaining what happened? What's the worst that could happen if I do end up sending it through webform?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
The worst that would happen would be that it wasn't reviewed. The best is that the visa officer takes pity on you and considers the one you submit via webform and not the other one.

There is a worst-worst scenario: you're submitting a revised SOP to remove some misrepresentation, and you'd be caught. Not saying this is what you're doing, but it has been known to be tried before.

sangar_si

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Thanks. I'm not trying to hide any misinterpretations, just trying to correct a stupid mistake I made. Although I think its too late now, I think I will take a leap of faith and go through with it.

Reactions: k.h.p.