+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do paid holidays count towards 1 year experience?

Smys

Jan 26, 2021
Hi guys, I'm wondering if paid holidays are counted towards 1 year experience. My salary is paid by the hours that I work. Let's say for the Christmas period, I had 1 or 2 days off, I was paid for those days, but on my pay stub it only showed the dollar amount paid for the holiday and not the hours. So do I include those days in my calculation? And by how many hours? My actual worked hours were less than 30h/week for that period, so if the holidays are counted, it would make a difference to my calculation. Thank you!

Smys

Jan 26, 2021
Thank you for the link. But the only related thing I found is about 2 weeks vacation time, which I don't have, I do receive vacation pay though. Nothing about paid holidays, or I might have missed it, please point out the section that I should be looking at. Thank you.

And if it is included, shall I take the dollar amount and divide it by my hourly rate and add it to the week of the holiday?

NOC98

Champion Member
Mar 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Holidays are included in the work experience.

for the hours, think you should average it based on how many hours you work in a week. Let’s say you work 25 hours a week, 5 hours every day. Apply the same logic to the holidays. If that make sense.

Reactions: Smys

Chilling.Lion

Star Member
Feb 16, 2021
My paystubs include vacation time as hours. When I calculated my hours, I looked through all my paystubs and counted all the hours, I had 1571 hours before I create my express entry profile. I had even more hours by the time I got my ITA. I only counted 30 hrs/week even though I work 40 hrs/week.

Smys

Jan 26, 2021
My paystubs include vacation time as hours. When I calculated my hours, I looked through all my paystubs and counted all the hours, I had 1571 hours before I create my express entry profile. I had even more hours by the time I got my ITA. I only counted 30 hrs/week even though I work 40 hrs/week.
Mine is calculated either by % (for vacation pay) or by $$ amount (public holiday pay), so I don't know how to to convert that into hours. Usually I'm not too concerned about hours as my weekly hours are more than 30. But on some weeks I work less than 30 and the statutory holidays really make a difference.