+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do not waste your time waiting for AOR for more than 4 months, here is my experience

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
Hi all,

I have applied for the citizenship on July, 2018 and I've waited for the AOR for more than 6 months but I got nothing at all. I sent so many web forms, called IRCC several times and contacted my MP office who tried her best and called the IRCC too, they said that they did receive my application which was obviously not true because there was no status for my application on the ecas. Maybe they said that to her so that she wouldn't call again and me also wouldn't contact my MP again and all what I have to do is to be patient and wait. We all know that there is no way for any agent to know if an application exists there unless they open it and enter it into the system, otherwise they have to go and look among the thousands of piles of the unopened applications, they never do that I guess. Anyway, I decided to re apply again on January ignoring all people who advised me not to do so and to keep waiting for nothing. FINALLY I got an AOR for my second application.
My advice to all applicants who exceeds 4 months of waiting and haven't got their AOR, DO NOT waste your time as I did and just reapply again, I am so regretful that I've waited so long before reapplying, Some of July applicants have got their oath letter already. What made me wait before applying is reading about 2 cases that got their AOR after 5 months of waiting but I guess those were very rare ones. I should've reapplied since October which was the month that July applicants stop getting their AOR on according to the time sheet.
Hi, Im planning to reapply because i still not received AOR, what is your answer for this section ( Have you applied for Canadian citizenship before citizenship. ( Yes or No)

Thanks you

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Hi, Im planning to reapply because i still not received AOR, what is your answer for this section ( Have you applied for Canadian citizenship before citizenship. ( Yes or No)

Thanks you
I answered (No). Not sure though if this was the right answer but I did so because my first application was completely lost and when I called or asked about it I didn't get any data so I assumed that it was lost as if I didn't apply before. However, I wrote a cover letter explaining that I applied before and that the application seems to be lost.
I think the answer should be yes in case there was a refusal or withdrawal of the application and then reapplying. Again I'm not sure just guessing

Last edited:

adusafoa01

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Thanks for ur advice, my application is 4months and I haven't gotten my AOR, but the problem is that I submitted the original of all my documents with exception of my passport which I submitted a copy of it.

So how do I resubmit a photocopies while they are requesting for an original documents.

matlal

Apr 28, 2010
Ontario,Canada
Visa Office......
New Dehli
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 1,2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR - New Delhi - April 27,2010
File Transfer...
March 24,2010
Med's Request
27-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-05-2011
Passport Req..
27-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2011
LANDED..........
Feb 26 2012
Hi all,

I have applied for the citizenship on July, 2018 and I've waited for the AOR for more than 6 months but I got nothing at all. I sent so many web forms, called IRCC several times and contacted my MP office who tried her best and called the IRCC too, they said that they did receive my application which was obviously not true because there was no status for my application on the ecas. Maybe they said that to her so that she wouldn't call again and me also wouldn't contact my MP again and all what I have to do is to be patient and wait. We all know that there is no way for any agent to know if an application exists there unless they open it and enter it into the system, otherwise they have to go and look among the thousands of piles of the unopened applications, they never do that I guess. Anyway, I decided to re apply again on January ignoring all people who advised me not to do so and to keep waiting for nothing. FINALLY I got an AOR for my second application.
My advice to all applicants who exceeds 4 months of waiting and haven't got their AOR, DO NOT waste your time as I did and just reapply again, I am so regretful that I've waited so long before reapplying, Some of July applicants have got their oath letter already. What made me wait before applying is reading about 2 cases that got their AOR after 5 months of waiting but I guess those were very rare ones. I should've reapplied since October which was the month that July applicants stop getting their AOR on according to the time sheet.
This is good to know, thanks for sharing. It is always good to keep a records and copies of everything submitted. In my case. I would have been more stressed to search, the old receipt. Nice post. Yes, it is really slow, there is nothing you can do but wait. But wait if there is positive response, but in your case, you seemed to have pulled a lot strings.

How do you get in touch with your MP, what is the process for that ?Something that would benefit all. Thanks for sharing.

soumya2k2

Star Member
May 4, 2010
United Kingdom
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-04-2017
AOR Received.
31-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-08-2017
Med's Request
07-08-2017
Med's Done....
07-08-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-08-2017
Thanks for ur advice, my application is 4months and I haven't gotten my AOR, but the problem is that I submitted the original of all my documents with exception of my passport which I submitted a copy of it.

So how do I resubmit a photocopies while they are requesting for an original documents.
Who asked you to submit original of all documents? Everywhere they asked for photocopies...

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/citizen/cit0007e-2.pdf