+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do not waste your time waiting for AOR for more than 4 months, here is my experience

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Hi all,

I have applied for the citizenship on July, 2018 and I've waited for the AOR for more than 6 months but I got nothing at all. I sent so many web forms, called IRCC several times and contacted my MP office who tried her best and called the IRCC too, they said that they did receive my application which was obviously not true because there was no status for my application on the ecas. Maybe they said that to her so that she wouldn't call again and me also wouldn't contact my MP again and all what I have to do is to be patient and wait. We all know that there is no way for any agent to know if an application exists there unless they open it and enter it into the system, otherwise they have to go and look among the thousands of piles of the unopened applications, they never do that I guess. Anyway, I decided to re apply again on January ignoring all people who advised me not to do so and to keep waiting for nothing. FINALLY I got an AOR for my second application.
My advice to all applicants who exceeds 4 months of waiting and haven't got their AOR, DO NOT waste your time as I did and just reapply again, I am so regretful that I've waited so long before reapplying, Some of July applicants have got their oath letter already. What made me wait before applying is reading about 2 cases that got their AOR after 5 months of waiting but I guess those were very rare ones. I should've reapplied since October which was the month that July applicants stop getting their AOR on according to the time sheet.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi all,

I have applied for the citizenship on July, 2018 and I've waited for the AOR for more than 6 months but I got nothing at all. I sent so many web forms, called IRCC several times and contacted my MP office who tried her best and called the IRCC too, they said that they did receive my application which was obviously not true because there was no status for my application on the ecas. Maybe they said that to her so that she wouldn't call again and me also wouldn't contact my MP again and all what I have to do is to be patient and wait. We all know that there is no way for any agent to know if an application exists there unless they open it and enter it into the system, otherwise they have to go and look among the thousands of piles of the unopened applications, they never do that I guess. Anyway, I decided to re apply again on January ignoring all people who advised me not to do so and to keep waiting for nothing. FINALLY I got an AOR for my second application.
My advice to all applicants who exceeds 4 months of waiting and haven't got their AOR, DO NOT waste your time as I did and just reapply again, I am so regretful that I've waited so long before reapplying, Some of July applicants have got their oath letter already. What made me wait before applying is reading about 2 cases that got their AOR after 5 months of waiting but I guess those were very rare ones. I should've reapplied since October which was the month that July applicants stop getting their AOR on according to the time sheet.
Did you pay a new fee or you used the first one?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hi all,

Its unfortunate. But i hope you get ur citizenship sooner than others

Reactions: Hydi

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
Happened to me too,
I sent mine in August 2018 and nothing. Then, I had to change my address and so I used a web form for that and did not get a reply within 5 business days. So, I inquired about that and by coincidence also found out they did not receive my application which was not likely because my Canada post tracker said they did. They recommended I resubmit my application in full (duh ... not impressed). I did resubmit it in January and still no AOR ... I am getting so frustrated =((
Also, when I applied for my PR they lost my application and the process took 4 years! I am so worried it will be the same this time.

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Happened to me too,
I sent mine in August 2018 and nothing. Then, I had to change my address and so I used a web form for that and did not get a reply within 5 business days. So, I inquired about that and by coincidence also found out they did not receive my application which was not likely because my Canada post tracker said they did. They recommended I resubmit my application in full (duh ... not impressed). I did resubmit it in January and still no AOR ... I am getting so frustrated =((
Also, when I applied for my PR they lost my application and the process took 4 years! I am so worried it will be the same this time.
I also had a confirmation of delivery from Canada post for my first application and a signature of the guy who received it but I don't know what happened.
It's very unfortunate that they lost your PR application too. Anyway it's still early to worry now because December applicants are still getting their AOR so hopefully you'll get yours soon

Reactions: CrazzzyCatLady

CrazzzyCatLady

Star Member
Jun 27, 2013
I also had a confirmation of delivery from Canada post for my first application and a signature of the guy who received it but I don't know what happened.
It's very unfortunate that they lost your PR application too. Anyway it's still early to worry now because December applicants are still getting their AOR so hopefully you'll get yours soon
Thank you for a kind reply. I sure hope they got it this time! =))

Reactions: Blessme00

gaoland

Jul 14, 2015
My application was delivered on Dec.31, and I am still waiting for AOR. Seniors, any advice what should I do now?

Thanks!

Hydi

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
My application was delivered on Dec.31, and I am still waiting for AOR. Seniors, any advice what should I do now?

Thanks!
I wouldn't worry before passing 3 months. So many people got their AOR after 3 months.