+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do not use ApplyGCMS

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Yes 60 days extension, but after 37 days. What does that mean? It’ll take exactly 60 days or before that?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Yes 60 days extension, but after 37 days. What does that mean? It’ll take exactly 60 days or before that?
It's very strange that you would have received the time extension notice from IRCC after 37 days. By law it has to be sent within 30 days.

If you received the 60 day extension then that email will also state the due date; you may receive the file before the due date, on the due date and in some cases after the due date.

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
It's very strange that you would have received the time extension notice from IRCC after 37 days. By law it has to be sent within 30 days.

If you received the 60 day extension then that email will also state the due date; you may receive the file before the due date, on the due date and in some cases after the due date.
Actually I process my application thru a third part website, applgcms. They did send me the email from IRCC but it didn’t inclue any due date only 60 days extension taken by ircc. Would you pls suggest what my next step should be? As i’ve now deferred my term since I completed a semester online and then got my application refused. I applied thru non sds, now im thinking to go for SDS but after atleast reviewing my gcms notes. Its just getting delayed. One of my friend in Canada referred me that i should apply notes again through him.

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
This is the exact email i received from my third party website.
Dear
We have contacted IRCC regarding your notes and IRCC has taken an extension for your request and below is the message from IRCC. We will forward the notes as soon as we receive them.
"the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the temporary residence file concerning *****, *****
I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.
"

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
This is the exact email i received from my third party website.
Dear
We have contacted IRCC regarding your notes and IRCC has taken an extension for your request and below is the message from IRCC. We will forward the notes as soon as we receive them.
"the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the temporary residence file concerning *****, *****
I wish to inform you that, in accordance with the Access To Information Act*, an extension of 60 days beyond the statutory 30 day limit is necessary to process your request. This extension is due to a large number of records or necessitates a search through a large number of records and meeting the original time limit would unreasonably interfere with the operations of the government institution.
"
That's not the complete email. It will look something like this and will include the date when IRCC received the request as well as the due date

This is further to your request under the Access To Information Act*, which was received on xxxxx for the following records:

the electronic notes of the immigration or citizenship officer(s) for the temporary residence file concerning xxxxx

Considering the extension, your request is now due on xxxxx

Further information about the Access To Information Act* can be found at the following web page:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/a-1/

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Actually I process my application thru a third part website, applgcms. They did send me the email from IRCC but it didn’t inclue any due date only 60 days extension taken by ircc. Would you pls suggest what my next step should be? As i’ve now deferred my term since I completed a semester online and then got my application refused. I applied thru non sds, now im thinking to go for SDS but after atleast reviewing my gcms notes. Its just getting delayed. One of my friend in Canada referred me that i should apply notes again through him.
Whether you apply via a 3rd party or your friend extensions can happen regardless but apply with your friends help as it will be cheaper.

Don't recommend applying for another visa until you receive your Gcms Notes and address the refusal concerns with a solid application.

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Whether you apply via a 3rd party or your friend extensions can happen regardless but apply with your friends help as it will be cheaper.

Don't recommend applying for another visa until you receive your Gcms Notes and address the refusal concerns with a solid application.
But going for my friend to apply, it’ll take 30 more days again thats why i thought to wait if it could just speedup since its 47 days till now. I’ll try to send your attached email to my service provider.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
But going for my friend to apply, it’ll take 30 more days again thats why i thought to wait if it could just speedup since its 47 days till now. I’ll try to send your attached email to my service provider.
Unfortunately there is no way to speed up the process. Some claim that filing a complaint with OIC may speed up things; not true. Just wait, that's the best way forward for now.

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Unfortunately there is no way to speed up the process. Some claim that filing a complaint with OIC may speed up things; not true. Just wait, that's the best way forward for now.
Hmm i’ll wait, thanks alot for helping bro. Really means alot

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
You are welcome and all the best with your new visa application.
hey bro, i talked to my service provider. He said that there’s a due date of 10th march as i applied on 10th dec. so what do you suggest? I should wait or go through my canadian friend and re-apply?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
hey bro, i talked to my service provider. He said that there’s a due date of 10th march as i applied on 10th dec. so what do you suggest? I should wait or go through my canadian friend and re-apply?
Hi. Broadly speaking, will suggest to just wait it out

If you have an application that is being processed then the notes will > 60 days old in which case if you want an updated status then you can request via your friend.

Lahore90

Star Member
Oct 27, 2020
Hi. Broadly speaking, will suggest to just wait it out

If you have an application that is being processed then the notes will > 60 days old in which case if you want an updated status then you can request via your friend.
Hey bro, i hope you’re doing good. I just received my notes. Would you please help me understand it better and make changes in it? I am confused nobody’s giving me a right suggestion.