Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
explorer101 said:
What others said or they have to say... I do not think it matters to Marcus at all.
>>> Correct, it does not matter to marcus if you tell him that there are ways around to do better. His mind is fixed that in this position nothing better can be done. What ever was suggested to him and who ever did so, he bounced back with rude words. He was not at all receptive to new ideas. So what is the use of coming to a public forum and narrating your issues, when you do not want to hear from others?

There are some people on this forum like Marcus who at times have shown the courage and came up with the real picture of the job market in Canada.
>> 2-3 months in Canada and if can tell the real picture of the job market of Canada and that too with a fixed mindset, i dont think his views should carry any weight. Adopt marcus views and one thing is sure that the future of new immigrant in Canada is definately going to sink.
I would not say the approach was at all courageous. Courageous work is where people work around in difficult time and situation.

In respect to those who keep highlighting that, there are plenty of opportunities available. The market is wide open for each and everyone who comes to Canada having high expectations that we will do a lot better in terms of what we have already achieved.
>> to get a job is by way of competition and Canada is no exception. Did any one anywhere stated that Canadian employers are lined up at airport to hire? Those who plan, work around, learn from mistakes, adopt etc find it easy to get job. It is recession time in Canada, i agree that it is bit diffucult time to get job, but i would never say it is impossible to get job. Employees still hire new immigrants. I have seen 100's of new immigrants getting hired in my 2 years of stay in Canada. I am in customer care role and talk with a lot of new immigrants

However, the fact is you come here as an Immigrant and remain as an Immigrant for the rest of your life struggling to cope up with your expenses and in maintaining the standard of life.
>>> Canada is life of Immigrants, it does not matter that someone immigrated 100 years back and some immigrated in 2012. No one say anywhere that you are an immigrant. Maintaing standard and expense is ones own choice, the more one works hard , the better is the chance to make more money and thus maintaing higher stnadard. I dont see even the new immigrants are doing very bad. Initial days days are tough and how can one expect that decision to immigrate is a bed of roses, it is expected that initial period can be rough. Those who have no guts to brave challenges should not plan to immigrate.

You are never absorbed in the system because the qualifications and experience, which you were/are always proud, has no value in this part of the world.

>> Once hired , no one cares who was educated where and worked where previously. It is not a subject of discussion. At work place I have seen a lot of employees are foreign educated and experienced, who cares as where one worked before. Value is what you earn, work hard and earn value at work place. Work is apperciated in Canada in the same way it is appreciated in any other part of world and carries the same value.

So instead of accusing Marcus think before where you stand today....

>> What Marcus is facing is nothing new, what he has undergone can not be changed, but future can be changed by taking steps in the present. Failing to take those steps is ones choice and , why later on blame others for miseries and frustration. What marcus is not happy about is not just job, it is more than getting a job. He does not like anything in Canada.

I am pretty sure my words will have no meaning for those who have already decided that Canada have no job opportunites, is not a good place to immigrate, is not USA, is expensive, Canadians are rude etc etc but anyone who has not decided on these issues can take a cue from it to decide.

One thing is pretty sure that if I would not have liked Canada, I would not have ever immigrated and even when I would have immigrated and found out that this is a unsuitable place for me ( not only in terms of job), I would have taken the 1st flight back or anywhere else. And that would have been "THE END" of my immigration story. I would not say that if i like this place everyone should like it also, but definately what Marcus have stated in his 2 posts is not a true picture of Canada.
+100 to you explorer for such a wonderful post.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
explorer101 said:
One thing is pretty sure that if I would not have liked Canada, I would not have ever immigrated and even when I would have immigrated and found out that this is a unsuitable place for me ( not only in terms of job), I would have taken the 1st flight back or anywhere else. And that would have been "THE END" of my immigration story. I would not say that if i like this place everyone should like it also, but definately what Marcus have stated in his 2 posts is not a true picture of Canada.
Well said.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
clubcanada said:
two aspects:
1) the higher your previous living standard was, the more you get dissapointed in Canada. For example, you're comig from a western European country, have a good education and a decent income, you might have a hard time to get to a similar living standard in Canada (not necessarily but you wouldn't be an exception).

2) if you don;t get interviews you might reconsider your job-hunting strategy. in some countries you might simply send out your resume or apply through job-portals and it works. that doesn't work in Canada at all. I have the feeling that if you apply through company job-portals your application doesn't get read at all (i'm not joking!). FOr this reason, you must go through either headhunters or through networking or get diretly in contact (phone/email with follow-up) with the hiring manager. Also make sure you apply for the right jobs. If you apply for college lecturer and cashier positions at the same time, there's something wrong...
I wouldn't make such a generalized statement about job-hunting strategy being different here... I am in the US right now, just got my LMO and waiting for work permit -- I got my Canadian job the same way I did with my US job: apply online via company's website and contact/connect with company's HR on linkedIn.

But I always try to be safe, that's why I decided to get a job first, then apply for PR

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
itsmyid
I wouldn't make such a generalized statement about job-hunting strategy being different here... I am in the US right now, just got my LMO and waiting for work permit -- I got my Canadian job the same way I did with my US job: apply online via company's website and contact/connect with company's HR on linkedIn.
I don't get your point. you did excatly what I wrote...
BTW: when I came to canada about 3 years ago as a PR, I sent out approx. 80-100 resumes. Apart from headhunter calls, I got ONE interview only. That the recruiting department was located in the US might have been the main reason. After starting my job I'm getting requests from recruiters through linkedin at least once a month.
You;ll see that in Canada much more is done through referrals and direct contacts - skill set and experience is often secondary. Just sending out your resume will most likely lead to nowhere.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
clubcanada said:
itsmyid
I don't get your point. you did excatly what I wrote...
BTW: when I came to canada about 3 years ago as a PR, I sent out approx. 80-100 resumes. Apart from headhunter calls, I got ONE interview only. That the recruiting department was located in the US might have been the main reason. After starting my job I'm getting requests from recruiters through linkedin at least once a month.
You;ll see that in Canada much more is done through referrals and direct contacts - skill set and experience is often secondary. Just sending out your resume will most likely lead to nowhere.
It's the same in the US, you can't just rely on online submission, you need networking and contact with HR, that's why I am saying it's not that different

canlove

May 5, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Where has marcus gone :eek:...back to US :p :p :p ?

marcus66052

May 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yogi

I sent you a private message. I don't know if it went through or not. It's my first time doing this. Let me know if you got it.

-Thanks,

Mark

satish_lkb

Nov 1, 2009
Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2009
Doc's Request.
16-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-01-2010
File Transfer...
16-12-2009
Med's Request
20-08-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
18-01-2011 Decision made 08-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
08-07-2011
Hi Friends,

After a long gap 9 months, last week I took some time to go through this wonderful forum again. I was active here for 2-3 years, then after migration to new country, initial struggles etc not got enough time to come back here. Now me and my family are in Australia since December 2011. We are Canadian Residents as well, landed Toronto during July 2011, completed landing formalities, got PR Cards etc.. then got Australian PR, finally decided to settle here in Australia.

I will just share my experience, may be helpful to others.... The main question is "Why you are migrating to a Country like Canada or Australia?" For better living conditions? For the betterment of your kids? or For more career prospects? If you are studied overseas like in USA, UK, Canada or Australia, you may get good opportunities in the country where you are migrating... If not, for "more career prospects", do not migrate to a new country. This is my thinking. If you are migrating for better living conditions and for the betterment of your kids and family, fair enough. You will get these. As far as career is concerned, it takes time.. means years!!!

There are exceptions.. I know several guys who got better placement during initial days. But majority are starting in lower cadre jobs... My example... I was a Bank Manager in India for 11 years. Another 5 years as Finance Manager of a Company in Middle East. I have a Professional Qualification in Finance along with other qualifications. But when I landed here in Australia, I didnt got a job which matches my skills, experience and qualifications, which I was well aware before coming here. I never went for casual jobs, super market jobs etc (which is also very tough to get now a days). First 5 months I did a Taxation Course here. Thanks to my Middle East job because of that we were able to live here without income for the first 5 months. After that I got job as Tax Consultant, within one month I got a Full time job with Government Dept as Admn Officer.

I know what I am doing now is not the job which I wanted but I will continue here for another couple of years, then I will get a job in my area. As I told you earlier, I was a bank Manager in India and Finance Manager in Middle East and now I am working as a Lower Officer. But I am happy. My family is happy, my kids are happy and thats what I was expected from here.

I can see here several experienced Engineers, Chartered Accountants and even Doctors struggling, says that they are not getting a job which matches them. They expects the same level job what they were doing earlier in their respective Countries. My suggestion is never ever think like that. You are in a new Country. Start from beginning.

Just thought of sharing my views.. If someone gets any benefits from this.. I will be greatful.

Cheers.... Satish

RChettiar

Star Member
Sep 15, 2010
Visa Office......
New DElhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Appl. Recd by CIC on 18th July
Doc's Request.
Sent notarized documents
AOR Received.
17th October, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent Original alongwith application
File Transfer...
2nd AOR - 11th Nov.,2011
Med's Request
27th Jan 2012
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2012
Interview........
Hmmmmm..... i dont mind!!!
Passport Req..
27th Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped 1st March and Recevd on 13/3/2012
LANDED..........
25th June 2012
Dear Marcus,
I came to Vancouver on 25th June with an AEO. My situation is not at all the same as yours. Having a job already really took half the tension away from me. But from what I have seen here and heard from people living for decades and also from students and newly landed immigrants is that Its not an easy thing to get a job in your own profession.

I believe its a good thing that you atleast got a job in your own field. Even if its a contract go for it. some thing is better than nothing, who knows you get lucky after you take this job. I have seen nurses and Doctors working in Gas station for years.
Keep your options open to other cities also.

I understand your frustration of not being satisfied with your life at this age. But I urge you to look at the bigger picture. Its just been 3 months for you.
Dont be hard on yourself and involve yourself in some volunteering work or internship.

I read in an article in this forum that having a plan A, B,C etc always help. I think this is a common stage for every new Immigrant who comes to Canada. But do not be disappointed. A year later you will look back and be proud of your accomplishment.

The Dishwasher of my restaurant who is 63 year old used to work as a General manager for a hospital in U.K earning 40000 Pounds a year. After he Landed even he was disappointed of having left a good Job and having to wash dishes because his U.K credentials were not accepted, and he was asked to take 3 years course. When I asked him why he left UK he said that the life there is crap ( In his Opinion) and that he finds the life here really good. Im highly inspired and proud of him, so was the even the owner who was impressed with his level of dedication in his work. today he is the Food and Health safety co-ordinator for the brand. I dont know his salary as its kept secret, but What I learned here is that a 63 year old man who must be sitting at home and enjoying his pension is working hard to prove himself, to conclude its not how old you are, its how old you feel. It has just been a year for this man in Canada and even after having reached an age like this he is working hard.

The owner and I are really happy with his work. I dont mean to discourage you at all. But, In my humble opinion you must stick to what ever job you get in your own field and Im sure if you prove yourself in Canada the organisation wont take a chance of loosing you.

Stay healthy and Dream healthy :) :) :)

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
hey marcus

i can very well relate to what u have said in ur posts... i had the same frustration when i moved from US to Canada 7 months ago..i had posted just liked you to this forum and people on the forum(our esteemed seniors) pounced right back on me.. the problem with this country is that they dont have enough jobs...the need immigrants to sustain the costs they have to support their population for the free healthcare and benefits(like child benefits etc )..
i have seen a lot of people struggling for many years before they settle..thats what i see all around..
my analysis shows the only way to succeed here is to study here and then start a career afresh.. thats what i think..
the only exception is IT guys who i have seen flourishing here...
dont worry.. focus on getting ur canada citizenship first and then may be you can move to US... all the best

P.S -> I bagged a job offer before moving here so didnt face the job struggle.. my wife also found a job after 3-4 months of search in her field(IT)..
avi

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
marcus66052 said:
Let me see if I can do this with a less emotional tone this time around!

I tried to give a general picture of my experience in the first post. It's time to reveal a few more specifics of my situation: I decided to settle in Toronto because I thought it's the largest city in Canada and hence it must have the largest job market. Whether that's true or not is not my concern here. I applied for jobs spanning a wide range of skills, from unskilled grocery store stocking jobs to Business Analyst position with the big five banks. Of course I scoured the national market for jobs in my preferred occupation (college instructor) but I was certainly under no illusions as to what I could expect when starting over. I came here willing to do any job and go from there.

Of all the jobs I applied for since June 4th, these are the calls I've gotten: a phone call from Wal-Mart for a part-time cashier position in Waterloo (55 miles west of Toronto), a phone call from a Toronto Metro store for a part-time cashier position, and an interview call from a local college in Toronto regarding a contract teaching position with their Math Department for the Fall semester (no other college called me about teaching jobs, even though I applied to a lot of open opportunities from coast to coast, making it clear in my cover letters that I was perfectly willing to move at my expense). I went to all three of these interviews I got hired for all three of these positions but needless to say, I had to decline the Wal-Mart offer because it was a back-up option and I really want to be in Toronto. So, right now I'm working as a cashier for Metro (8-12 hours a week a minimum wage) just to cover grocery costs until my teaching contract job starts next week. Since it's only a one-semester contract, I have no way of knowing whether it's going to be renewed beyond December so this teaching job is no big comfort (I won't know until October whether they'll keep me or treat me like a seasonal construction worker).

When you don't have a permanent job, the uncertain nature of your income keeps eating you alive from inside. You have to always worry about where your next paycheck is coming from, and whether you're going to have to go through the embarrassment of facing your landlord with the message that you don't have enough to make next month's rent. You have to spend your time exploring alternative career options, studying for certificate programs or to otherwise upgrade your skills, or applying to jobs in the hope there's some ray of light at the end of the tunnel. There is no time to taste life. None at all, and even if you do take a short amount of time to do something fun, it won't be nearly as enjoyable as you want it to be because the worries in your head don't leave you alone, not even for a minute. This is not what I imagined my life to be. I didn't dream of being rich, but I did want a stable, full-time, permanent job that paid my bills. I felt proud of my accomplishment of getting permanent residence here, a pride that has vanished in the wind after realizing that it's a status that means nothing here. My relationship with this country has been damaged beyond repair. Even if I manage to get a job that's permanent, I don't think I can learn to love this country given how I get treated here.

I guess part of what makes this hard is that I'm getting older and I expect better from life (even if that's not a fair expectation). I'm going to be 34 years old in two and a half weeks and I'm still no closer to owning a home than I was at 19. When you're 19, it's easier to accept living in a basement bachelor apartment that's someone else's property, and looking for the absolute cheapest prices in the absolute cheapest stores ("poor man stores" I like to call them, e.g. Dollarama, for those of you that are here and have seen them).

I don't know where life will take me in this country. I am exploring a few other career options that are in line with my mathematical training but these will take time to materialize, as will my hurt soul to recover (if ever).
hi mercus
i am rajjj
i came here student in 2008 in canada and now i am going to be pr soon by god grace but i have not any excitement to getting pr. i got different kind of experience here in canada , this country totally changed my life ,i now i can not stay in india , here i am say canada is very hard country u have to make u r mind to face these thing and then come here (no exception), i know for u r profession is not in demand even those r Canadian born teacher they do not have any teacher line job less in Canada ,they r doing part time jobs like tutor ,

all thing happened with u i believed is hard accordingly to me in canada keep in mind
1 make money whatever u do
2 dont thing this is that all workis respectful here
3 think about u r physical and financial strength and then decided what kind of job u can do
4. very hard for these professional to get job
teacher ,doctor ,
5 teacher are very successful in these profession in Canada
sale
marketing
customer services in bank
insurance
broker
real estate
if u r in Toronto in sale u can easily make money $ 3000 to $ 5000

and rest of thing i will explain next time
one more thing in canada
if someone get good he say good
if some one get bad he say bad so that is luck

marcus66052

May 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
avi_15 said:
hey marcus

i can very well relate to what u have said in ur posts... i had the same frustration when i moved from US to Canada 7 months ago..i had posted just liked you to this forum and people on the forum(our esteemed seniors) pounced right back on me.. the problem with this country is that they dont have enough jobs...the need immigrants to sustain the costs they have to support their population for the free healthcare and benefits(like child benefits etc )..
i have seen a lot of people struggling for many years before they settle..thats what i see all around..
my analysis shows the only way to succeed here is to study here and then start a career afresh.. thats what i think..
the only exception is IT guys who i have seen flourishing here...
dont worry.. focus on getting ur canada citizenship first and then may be you can move to US... all the best

P.S -> I bagged a job offer before moving here so didnt face the job struggle.. my wife also found a job after 3-4 months of search in her field(IT)..
avi
I don't really like posting here any more cause people just don't get it.

Someone in here said that my problem is not just the lack of a job but that I am negative and don't like anything about Canada: I WILL LIKE CANADA WHEN I FIND SOMETHING TO LIKE ABOUT CANADA. Sorry, but so far I haven't found anything positive about this country: I need a job and can't find one. Instead what do I find? Trivial "education" companies trying to sell me education courses in tangential things like Microsoft (really? are u fu.cking kidding me? I'm a research mathematician and you think you need to show me how to use Microsoft Word?)

I need low prices to stretch my money when I don't have full-time employment and what do I find? Prices that are double what I used to pay in the US and a government that doesn't help at all when it taxes 13% on every purchase I make. Seriously? 13% Do you think a poor unemployed guy can afford that? Is THAT how the government helps immigrants here?

As bad as all that is, there is something else that just irritates me every day: it's the fact that, even though there are no jobs and prices of rent and food are high, EVERYONE seems to appear so smug and happy .... ON PURPOSE. Any time I voice a real concern, for example at a grocery store when I say "that's too expensive, I can't afford that" they pounce on me with one and the same message over and over "Canada is number one (free health care), bla bla". It's a message you hear not just from people but from other outlets too, the media, the billboard ads on the street, everywhere. I was eating a slice of pizza at Pizza Pizza the other day and there were these two guys on TV who were talking about amusement parks in Canada and they just kept saying "we have it sooo good in canada" I'm sorry but I don't see how you can have it good in canada when (a) it's almost impossible to find a full-time job, (b) even when you get a job it pays so low compared to the cost of living that you can forget about affording things like a house. This is the problem I have with this country. Everyone keeps saying this country is GREAT, but all they're doing is denying how hard life is here. Yes, there are people who are doing very well economically (there are people doing well in any country, even the third world countries), but that's not the question. The truth is, if you're not in the SMALL MINORITY of the highly-skilled people who hold the few high-paying jobs, your life here will be hard. You won't be able to afford any of the nice things of life that you see around you.

Call me negative all you want but that's just a word of mouth, and like they say "talk is cheap". Truth be told, nobody here can give me a real reason to like Canada.

Free health care? Sorry, that's not my problem. I don't need to go see the doctor. I'm young and healthy. What I need is a job that's going to afford me a home mortgage.

Clean air? Sorry, that's just another bulllshit reason: I can't tell the difference between US air and Canadian air.

Friendlier people: You're joking right? Come spend a few weeks in Toronto. You'll be lucky if anyone lays their eyes on you, let alone say "hello". Take a walk at the Eaton Centre mall, and all you'll see is complacent people who just pay the ridiculously high prices for clothing without caring that they're getting ripped off.

Better place to raise kids? Sorry, I am single and don't have kids. I didn't come to Canada to raise kids. I came here to improve my financial lot.

Better education? Compared to what? the US? You're out of your mind. What you have in Canada is a million community colleges and small institutions that teach peripheral skills. The real research universities (where knowledge is produced instead of just consumed) like Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Princeton, are all in the USA. The world-renowned academics are irremediably drawn to the United States.

You can all talk out of your as.s but none of you can give me a single reason to like Canada. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Am I negative? You bet your as.s. I have every reason to be. To have to live in a country where I'm not really happy but I have no other choice, cause I can't get residence in the US. My heart cries out when I think of the good times I had in the US which aren't coming back, but I think I'd better stop here before I go crazy.

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brother, i totally understand your situation and forward my solace.

you just need to understand one thing, most of people here are from Asian countries where they face quite many difficulties than the ones quoted by you.

hence, they hail for such places where they have suffered a lot and canada is like heaven for them(including me).

I would request you, dont expect people to get agree with, what u saying.

rather, u sud be happy that, u have a platform where you shared your thoughts for the betterment of others.

take care.

marcus66052 said:
I don't really like posting here any more cause people just don't get it.

Someone in here said that my problem is not just the lack of a job but that I am negative and don't like anything about Canada: I WILL LIKE CANADA WHEN I FIND SOMETHING TO LIKE ABOUT CANADA. Sorry, but so far I haven't found anything positive about this country: I need a job and can't find one. Instead what do I find? Trivial "education" companies trying to sell me education courses in tangential things like Microsoft (really? are u fu.cking kidding me? I'm a research mathematician and you think you need to show me how to use Microsoft Word?)

I need low prices to stretch my money when I don't have full-time employment and what do I find? Prices that are double what I used to pay in the US and a government that doesn't help at all when it taxes 13% on every purchase I make. Seriously? 13% Do you think a poor unemployed guy can afford that? Is THAT how the government helps immigrants here?

As bad as all that is, there is something else that just irritates me every day: it's the fact that, even though there are no jobs and prices of rent and food are high, EVERYONE seems to appear so smug and happy .... ON PURPOSE. Any time I voice a real concern, for example at a grocery store when I say "that's too expensive, I can't afford that" they pounce on me with one and the same message over and over "Canada is number one (free health care), bla bla". It's a message you hear not just from people but from other outlets too, the media, the billboard ads on the street, everywhere. I was eating a slice of pizza at Pizza Pizza the other day and there were these two guys on TV who were talking about amusement parks in Canada and they just kept saying "we have it sooo good in canada" I'm sorry but I don't see how you can have it good in canada when (a) it's almost impossible to find a full-time job, (b) even when you get a job it pays so low compared to the cost of living that you can forget about affording things like a house. This is the problem I have with this country. Everyone keeps saying this country is GREAT, but all they're doing is denying how hard life is here. Yes, there are people who are doing very well economically (there are people doing well in any country, even the third world countries), but that's not the question. The truth is, if you're not in the SMALL MINORITY of the highly-skilled people who hold the few high-paying jobs, your life here will be hard. You won't be able to afford any of the nice things of life that you see around you.

Call me negative all you want but that's just a word of mouth, and like they say "talk is cheap". Truth be told, nobody here can give me a real reason to like Canada.

Free health care? Sorry, that's not my problem. I don't need to go see the doctor. I'm young and healthy. What I need is a job that's going to afford me a home mortgage.

Clean air? Sorry, that's just another bulll*censored word* reason: I can't tell the difference between US air and Canadian air.

Friendlier people: You're joking right? Come spend a few weeks in Toronto. You'll be lucky if anyone lays their eyes on you, let alone say "hello". Take a walk at the Eaton Centre mall, and all you'll see is complacent people who just pay the ridiculously high prices for clothing without caring that they're getting ripped off.

Better place to raise kids? Sorry, I am single and don't have kids. I didn't come to Canada to raise kids. I came here to improve my financial lot.

Better education? Compared to what? the US? You're out of your mind. What you have in Canada is a million community colleges and small institutions that teach peripheral skills. The real research universities (where knowledge is produced instead of just consumed) like Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Princeton, are all in the USA. The world-renowned academics are irremediably drawn to the United States.

You can all talk out of your as.s but none of you can give me a single reason to like Canada. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

Am I negative? You bet your as.s. I have every reason to be. To have to live in a country where I'm not really happy but I have no other choice, cause I can't get residence in the US. My heart cries out when I think of the good times I had in the US which aren't coming back, but I think I'd better stop here before I go crazy.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
nicholas30 said:
marcus66052,

Stop complaining and get back to work, I wonder why u didn't survive in the US and opted for Canada.

Writing long biographies won't help.......

YOU CHOOSE CANADA, Infact Canada gave you an opportunity if you can't survive thats it!!! PACK YOUR BAGS :eek: :eek: :eek:

And please don't start topics on this forum and disappear.
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
Hi Friend,
I agree with you. i have lived and worked in different countries and i have the view that there is no place like home. So if you are moving you have to tell you mind that i am moving away from home and should be ready to take any option that comes your way.

He should go to work and stop complaining.

Canadaforall.

jhjeppe

Star Member
Jun 29, 2011
The Pas, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 August 2009
Doc's Request.
31 January 2010
AOR Received.
14 June 2010
Med's Request
5 October 2010
Med's Done....
12 October 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
Really?

buck up buttercup! Life is not going to hand you roses and moonlight. You need to secure your own future and sitting in the corner and crying about the bullies out there is not going to do you any good. Life is tough, deal with it. The job market in North America is probably the toughest in the world. It's a dog eat dog world out there and you need to get up and face the competitive edge. Do whatever it takes to succeed, maybe you need to adjust the format of your resume, cover letter or even improve your english capabilities.

Stop wining and being dramatic, Canada (or the world for that matter) doesn't owe you anything, you are here to offer the economy your services. Please stop complaining about your decisions, I waited over 4 years for my PR to get approved and I am grateful today to be here, It is people like you who back up the immigration system and then do not use the opportunity that has been given to them.

My 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.