+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do non French speakers have a chance with Quebec Skilled visa?

asmgx

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
1> do non French speakers have a chance with Quebec Skilled visa?

2> can they survive in Monterael if they got the visa, i mean find job while they only speak english?

3> will they be able to live in other areas other than Quebec?

4> if not after how long they will be able to?

5> do they have similar citizenship waiting period as Federal Skilled?

Thanks

Najeebkhan84

Sep 10, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30 May 2011
Doc's Request.
Send along with Application
IELTS Request
Send Along with Documents
Med's Request
25-1-2013
Med's Done....
18-2-2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
PPR1> 9-10-13 7 PPR2> 24-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
1-11-2013
LANDED..........
26 jan,2014
asmgx said:

2> can they survive in Monterael if they got the visa, i mean find job while they only speak english?

Thanks
1> NO if u are talking About Quebec Immigration ..

2> again No

3> No,u can visit other places but cannot MOve permanently

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
No, u need to take the TEFQ.

Difficult. 80% work is done in French. Find a job, why not? Depends on various other factors.

Yes, inter-province migration is free in Canada.

N/a

No, it is tad faster.

asmgx

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
This is weird,
I just took this evaluation and they said i am eligible !!
"Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration"

does that mean they will let me apply, take the fees then reject me?! :eek:

also where can i find how does Quebec points calculator?

mtlguy

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Montreal Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asmgx said:

yes, if you have a valid offer of employment or if you are in the preferred occupation list then you can get the CSQ without knowledge of french. I have 0 knowledge of french and i got my CSQ with an interview waiver. I did enroll in a french class and submitted the registration form to let them know that I am serious about learning french and that i intend to live in the Quebec area.

Yes, I've been living in Montreal for 9 months now with minimal french and I am very comfortable. I have known people who have been living here for 7-8 years with zero knowledge of french. Bottom line is if your job does not involve heavy communication with local customers or line level employees then you should be absolutely fine. Most people here are bilingual and everyone can understand some english. It is highly recommended that you start learning basic french once you initiate the CSQ process

Not a 100% sure but i believe you are allowed to move to a different province.

N/A

Donno

Bottom line is if you do qualify for the CSQ after the evaluation on their website...go ahead with your process. Ensure you enter all information truthfully and have documents to back your claim.

Their website is

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

Feel free to ask if you need any info on CSQ process. 8)

goodluck!!

Thanks

asmgx

Star Member
Dec 21, 2009
Thanks a lot
so if i pass the evaulation for Quebec then i really can pass
thats good :)

i will try to apply soon then :)

by the way how much are the application fees?
where can i find these info?

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec’s skilled worker program includes the following objectives:
To increase the proportion of francophone (French-speaking) immigration;
To maximize the economic benefits of selection;
To manage the volume of immigration in terms of Quebec ’s needs and capacity for integration; and
To select skilled workers who are more adaptable to the international labour market.
The Government of the province of Quebec has established a short-term goal of selecting between 46,500 and 49,600
permanent residents in 2009, with between 36,500 and 38,000 under the Quebec Skilled Worker category.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can have a very moderate level of French. Even interview could be in English but still you MUST have some ability to talk and understand (not necessary read and write) French.

No,u can visit other places but cannot MOve permanently
:eek: You can move out the same day after landing in Quebec.

However, in theory, because you got you PR only after signing the paper of "intent to stay in Quebec" you can lose you PR. If you did not intend to live in Quebec but applied for PR through Quebec program - you lied.

sunil94819

Jul 22, 2010
Re: do non French speakers have a chance with Quebec Self Employed Worker?

I am feeling more confident after reading these all ...... i am applying as Self Employed worker. I am a son of a farmer and have knowledge of farming also. I have agricultral land's registry with my name and other experience and surplus amount also. I dont know FRENCH.

According to above taking terms...i am thinking i can be selected...do i?

kindly sugess...

louk

Aug 13, 2010
it is a points system, French is only one part of it. get 65 +/- and you are in
this is why they offer you french classes after the selection

you get points for your english, education, time spent in quebec, No. of children, job offer, relatives in quebec, your occupation
somewhat similar to FSW

good luck

louk

Aug 13, 2010
Regina said:
You can have a very moderate level of French. Even interview could be in English but still you MUST have some ability to talk and understand (not necessary read and write) French.
:eek: You can move out the same day after landing in Quebec.

However, in theory, because you got you PR only after signing the paper of "intent to stay in Quebec" you can lose you PR. If you did not intend to live in Quebec but applied for PR through Quebec program - you lied.
not to mention he will loose his quebec meidcal insurance for staying out of quebec for more than 183 days

zeus2010

Oct 19, 2010
Hi All,

I am 28yr old single having master degree in computer application with 3 yrs of experience as software engineer.I have no french knowledge but can learn.I am in US from last 14 months.

I tried two scenario for calulating points for quebec ;

1.I calulated my point for quebec with 3yrs yr of exp and with french level none or zero,I was not able to make it.
2.I calulated my point for quebec with 3yrs yr of exp and with french level minimal,I was able to make it.

forwarding with second scenario,As I am keenly interested in learning French and doing certification.I took addmision for french certification preparation.
So my queries are
1.Do I need to have french minimal level proof at the time of filling application?
2.Can i fill the application with enclosing course addmision slip and till the time of processing ,I will be able to complete the minimal french level certification?

Please advice.

Alexandros

Sep 15, 2010
Cairo-Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ asmgx

I understand that your questions have been almost answered but I still have some good news to share with you. So I will apply only to 2 questions.

My sister is a pharmacist and she has 0 knowledge of French, in the interview the interviewer told her (and her husband): "Guys your French is awful" - and I imagined that the interviewer was going to tell them next: "That's why you are rejected", but to my shock she told my sister:” But your occupation is needed in Quebec that's why you are accepted. So yes you can make it if your occupation is required that much. Generally speaking Doctors, Pharmacists, dentists and many trade occupations are required.

My sister entered Quebec on Nov-2007, 2 months later she moved to Calgary-Alberta and stayed there since then. This proves that you're not stuck in Quebec, although in my opinion it would be a great chance to learn French and enjoy the life there.

@ zeus2010

I think your chance is really good in getting the CSQ from Quebec but as an advice start first the French courses for as little as 3-6 months and then apply to Quebec to minimize the failure probability.

1.Do I need to have French minimal level proof at the time of filling application?
This is not necessary but again highly recommended, any supporting documents will be of a great advantage.

2.Can I fill the application with enclosing course admission slip and till the time of processing ,I will be able to complete the minimal French level certification?
Yes you can, but I still recommend some knowledge (even if basic) in French would be beneficial

Good luck for all of you guys

DILI

Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AFTER SUBMISSION

HI,

I RECENTLY SUBMITTED APPLICATION FOR QUEBEC CSQ. WILL THEY NOTIFY ME THAT THEY HAVE RECEIVED MY APPLICATION ?

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
dear mtlguy,
it is too much difficult to get valid job offer and tell me something how we can get it.

thanks
qsw