+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do NOC's in "Classified Elsewhere" under the list of 38 NOC's qualify ?

Trini_guy

Dec 2, 2008
Leon said:
I think what they are referring to is that you could classify yourself under different NOC's and maybe when you are in a NOC that is related to one that is on the list, you might be able to also fit the one that is on the list. I don't think that CIC will automatically take your NOC if it's not on the list and figure it's ok because it's related to another one that is. You have to figure out if you can qualify yourself as the NOC that is on the list.
...does this mean if u meet the qualification of the original NOC.....and fit into a related NOC u will be considered???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I mean that if there is a NOC 1234 and a NOC 1235 and I was going to apply for 1234 because it's the best fit to my job but I see it's not on the list, however, NOC 1235 is on the list and could also fit with my job although maybe not as well, of course I would try to apply under 1235 even if it's not the best match because it's on the list. I would not apply under 1234 and hope that CIC would see pity on me because my NOC is related to a NOC that is on the list. Get it?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Leon said:
I mean that if there is a NOC 1234 and a NOC 1235 and I was going to apply for 1234 because it's the best fit to my job but I see it's not on the list, however, NOC 1235 is on the list and could also fit with my job although maybe not as well, of course I would try to apply under 1235 even if it's not the best match because it's on the list. I would not apply under 1234 and hope that CIC would see pity on me because my NOC is related to a NOC that is on the list. Get it?
Like the Gene Pitney song, it will be a town without pity. Close is not going to be good enough.

PMM

eltigre

Dec 5, 2008
Leon said:
sonea said:
my husband's NOC is 0122 and on the 38 occupation list 0111 is there however under NOC 0111 discription it's mention 0122 as classified elsewhere does this mean that our application under 0122 would b considered?
No, the classified elsewhere refers to related jobs.
What about CIS Supervisors? I'm an IT Supervisor for a Systems and Technology corporation in the U.S. My job description and main duties match NOC 2013, but my employer's letter of employment states 'Supervisor' as my title. In addition, my paycheck and annual performance reviews clearly show what I believe to be managerial level decision making and compensation. I also hold an MBA and an M.S Degree in Management. I believe the only factor that could come into question would be my title. I've looked to see if there's an NOC code for "Computer and Information Systems Supervisors", but I can't find one listed. This title is only listed in the "Classified elsewhere" section under NOC 0213, but there is no '4-digit' code for it. Does anyone know where you could find the lead description and list of duties for CIS Supervisors?

Leon - I'd appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your job duties match 0213, you should apply under that. There is no supervisor as far as I can see in the 217x category.

BikramCheema

Jan 13, 2009
As IT is very different profession as compared to others. We have roles like Leads, Senior leads and so on.. These people are somehow Managers as they do all the duties mentioned in 0213.

Per my opinion now the NOC 0213 needs to be updated considering this, as now it has become somewhat important per new rules.

A

adnan_hsn

PMM said:
Hi

Like the Gene Pitney song, it will be a town without pity. Close is not going to be good enough.

PMM

lol. I like this one PMM

fred123

Dec 1, 2008
project managers is one of the best paid job in IT. I am not sure that someone would be able to get one without canadian experience.
but if you are f.e. 5+ years experienced programmer (java,C++, ... ) you can proof your skills in one hour during the interview.

another question is, what really IT manager is? very skilled IT special. 5+exper.
or
1 year exper. ...

example:
friend of mines's position is "GED software manager". this man finished agricultural univesity and the company he is working for, is callcentrum fo one american company in Europe. his main duties are record, report and check status of the tasks. to be able do this kind of job, you should be able speak, write english + passed two weeks traning.
according new rules, he is in the list.

Jan 18, 2009
Hey Leon,
I am facing the same problem b/w 2173 and 0213. So as per your comments below, sud i go for 0213 and in that case what sud i right in Duties( those of Software Engineer which actually i am doing OR of Software Manager).
I hope i picked up your point in right sense.

Thanks
Raj

Leon said:

a_u

Feb 21, 2009
http://www.workingincanada.gc.ca/search_occupation-eng.do

I noticed a note on this link, stating: "This occupation group can also contain: EDP (electronic data processing) manager, computer systems manager, data centre manager, data processing director, information systems manager, manager, data processing and systems analysis, manager, management information system (MIS), manager, software engineering, software development manager, systems development manager."

To me it means software engineers can qualify under 0213.

pb

Feb 21, 2009
Hi Guys, I have a question regarding job title on H1B vs job title on your offer letter. My job title on H1B is not among the 38 code list but my current title does qualify.

Given this, am I eligible to apply? Will it be a problem later that my H1B title is not in the qualifying list? *By H1B title, I mean the title mentioned in I-129.

Please clarify. Response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
pb

flake

Mar 9, 2009
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post ever.

How do the CIC officers handle the cases filed with NOC 0213 and 2173? Do they see 0213 and say, "buddy, you are in", or 2173 and say, "buddy, you are out"? I think not. They first read the job descriptions in plain English written by the applicants. Then they see whether it substantially matches the official description of jobs falling under 0213. No? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Regards,
Flake

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is a very good question and very Important one too.
Why don't you guys email the CIC and see whether anyone of you gets a reply and then share it on the forum. They will @ least reply to one of you. It doesn't cost to ask.

My 2 Cents worth:
In this situation it is worth emailing or writing the CIC to find out.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
flake said:
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post ever.

How do the CIC officers handle the cases filed with NOC 0213 and 2173? Do they see 0213 and say, "buddy, you are in", or 2173 and say, "buddy, you are out"? I think not. They first read the job descriptions in plain English written by the applicants. Then they see whether it substantially matches the official description of jobs falling under 0213. No? Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Regards,
Flake
This is just my opinion. I think they look at two things. One you MUST have 0213 and not 2173 written on your form. Next, your job duties must match that of 0213 and if they do not, then you are rejected. This is just my opinion.

sam70

Mar 3, 2009
I just don't get it that without all programmer,Analyst and Developer How can Computer Manger perform or work?

I have applied on 15th August with 2171 NOC Code. I have never expected this outcome.US is Still allowing H-1B visa. I just don't get it... I am just praying that may be they will include all those Computer categories in future...

sam