+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do Indian nationals need transit visa in Germany

vis678

Jan 8, 2020
Hello all,
Can I (Indian national) use my COPR to get the transit visa exemption in Germany airport during my first journey to Canada?

Details:
I finally got my PR visa stamped on my passport and I am currently trying to book flights. my intended itinerary is below.
India- Frankfurt(Germany)- Calgary (Canada).
Since I am an Indian national , I would require "airport transit visa" in Germany. However I know that there is exemption to transit visa for "Canadian residence permit holders".
I currently hold
1)COPR (confirmation of permanent residence of Canada)
and
2)"Canadian immigrant visa-stamped" passport.

Since I haven't landed in Canada yet, I do not hold a PR Card.

Can I (Indian national) use my COPR to get the "transit visa exemption" in Germany airport during my first journey to Canada?

HopefulLegend

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Even if you didn't need a transit visa, you would need to do another COVID-19 test at the German airport before boarding your flight to Canada. The Canadian government wants passengers flying from India to do a COVID-19 test at their last connecting airport before continuing their journey to Canada.

All Indian travelers require a transit visa for Germany's airports (Frankfurt to be specific, but I think their others require it too). The exception is if you hold a visa or some type of residence status for a western country like Canada, USA, etc., so I'm not sure if the Canadian COPR status would qualify for this transit exemption.

rrss13

Mar 24, 2020
Hello all,
Can I (Indian national) use my COPR to get the transit visa exemption in Germany airport during my first journey to Canada?

Details:
I finally got my PR visa stamped on my passport and I am currently trying to book flights. my intended itinerary is below.
Since I am an Indian national , I would require "airport transit visa" in Germany. However I know that there is exemption to transit visa for "Canadian residence permit holders".
I currently hold
and

Can I (Indian national) use my COPR to get the "transit visa exemption" in Germany airport during my first journey to Canada?
You won’t be able to board this flight from india.

Last edited:

jadam121

Jun 23, 2022
Hello all,

Details:
I currently hold
and

Please update. Did you take a transit visa?