+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do i still need a work permit when i have a co-op work permit?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I understood your answer, if I want to change the method in which I submit details as proof of funds for my permit application. If I choose to go with the other options left on ircc website such as the bank draft that can be converted into Canadian dollars. Do I need to wait for a period of 4 months before I apply for study visa. I need a thorough answer, thank you
Read the link. For bank draft or GIC, no.

Nez0t

Jan 25, 2024
Please, what link. Can you help me paste it here, so I can know the exact link you're referring me to for more details.

Vancouver0120

Feb 15, 2020
Please, what link. Can you help me paste it here, so I can know the exact link you're referring me to for more details.
Proof of financial support
You must prove that you can support yourself and the family members who come with you while you are in Canada.
You can prove your funds with
  • proof of a Canadian bank account in your name, if you’ve transferred money to Canada
  • a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution
  • proof of a student or education loan from a bank
  • your bank statements for the past 4 months
  • a bank draft that can be converted to Canadian dollars
  • proof you paid tuition and housing fees
  • a letter from the person or school giving you money, or
  • proof of funding paid from within Canada, if you have a scholarship or are in a Canadian-funded educational program
If your country uses foreign exchange controls, you must prove that you’ll be allowed to export funds for all of your expenses.

Nez0t

Jan 25, 2024
I'm aware of the rules you stated above according to ircc. My question here is that my sponsor wants to use bank draft instead of bank statements, do I need other documents to approve why my sponsor chose bank drafts. And the other question is that do I need to wait for 4 months just like the bank statements after receiving the bank drafts from my sponsor.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm aware of the rules you stated above according to ircc. My question here is that my sponsor wants to use bank draft instead of bank statements, do I need other documents to approve why my sponsor chose bank drafts. And the other question is that do I need to wait for 4 months just like the bank statements after receiving the bank drafts from my sponsor.
You can use just bank drafts. Does it say 4 months above?