+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I send my passport in physically or scan it?

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
My old passport expires this month and I've gotten it renewed, just received it yesterday. I've gotten a request to provide my new passport to the office, but my question is:

Do I send it in physically? Or do I scan it and upload it via case specific enquiry?

It's so ambiguous because the request tells me to provide/submit my new passport to their office by a certain date, but then it says "Please send the requested information / document(s) and all future inquiries with respect to your application via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link _____"

My guess would be to scan it, but I'm so close to the finish line (we already got our AIP) that I can't afford to mess it up at this stage if they need the physical passport.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone who hasn't know what to do? Thank you so much.

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM
My old passport expires this month and I've gotten it renewed, just received it yesterday. I've gotten a request to provide my new passport to the office, but my question is:

Do I send it in physically? Or do I scan it and upload it via case specific enquiry?

It's so ambiguous because the request tells me to provide/submit my new passport to their office by a certain date, but then it says "Please send the requested information / document(s) and all future inquiries with respect to your application via the Case Specific Enquiry form at the following link _____"

My guess would be to scan it, but I'm so close to the finish line (we already got our AIP) that I can't afford to mess it up at this stage if they need the physical passport.

Has anyone done this? Does anyone who hasn't know what to do? Thank you so much.
My husband who is from Costa Rica, PA on our application, renewed his passport a couple of months early. I just sent a copy of the pages they request initially on our application via the webform on the IRCC Website. They responded by thanking me for the update to our file.

Last edited:

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
What is your nationality?

koko01

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
My husband who is from Costa Rica, PA on our application, renewed his passport a couple of months early. I just sent a copy of the pages that request initially on our application via the webform on the IRCC Website. They responded by thanking me for the update to our file.
Awesome, then I hope that'll be enough for us too! Thank you!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My bad, thought he might've been under the assumption that we were outland. Yes I am visa-exempt, I'm from Sweden.
That means that you will not send your physical passport at any point in the process.