+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do I qualify for Canada immigration under the new rules

attitudekool

Jul 7, 2010
Hi,

I am not a graduate but hold a 2 yrs diploma from NIIT and other 6 month diploma from another similar private institute. I have a total experience of 8 years in International Business Development (with IT companies) and have held positions at senior levels.

My wife is a graduate in IT and has 4.5 yrs of experience working as Computer Instructor.

Please advice if we qualify for Canadian immigration. And who should be the primary applicant.

Thanks,
AM

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Instead of a random question asking some one else to do your home work, please do your own home work first. Please check the website, do a self assesment, see if your or your wifes occupation falls in the demand list and then if you have any confusion/questions, I am sure people in this forum will be happy to assist you and guide you.

attitudekool

Jul 7, 2010
Thanks for your response. I did check the points system and the new occupation list as well. But there are certain things that are not clear to me.

1. Points calculator does say that if you have 2 years of Diploma and atleast 14 yrs of education you score 20 points. But I'm not sure if having a diploma from NIIT makes me eligible
2. I have work experience in Business Development, but I'm not sure if this is considered. I did read that professional working in Sales, Marketing, Business Development occupations will gain through in the new list. But again, I'm not sure I still qualify.
3. My wife a computer teacher but I no longer see this occupation listed.

I had recently also contacted a professional consulting firm for Canadian immigration, they told me that we do qualify if we have such responsibilities in our jobs: providing training, mentoring, managing people etc.

Your advice is highly appreciated!

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Be very careful of what the " Consultant" says. Most of them indulge in highway robbery, promising you all sorts of things before you PAY. I doubt if your NIIT Diploma will hold, as it is not a university diploma. And please ask your consultant under which NOC he thinks you are qualified. I am not discouraging you at all and wish you the very best, however you should not throw money on the wall and see what sticks, do due delligence.